Toe nails?

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
I took my dog to get his nails clipped professionally to 3 different places and they all did a horrible job. Now my question is how many here do there own dogs? I think it would be fairly easy to do my own dogs cause his toe nails are clear I can see the quick and I know not to go down to far. Also a plus side is he lets me play with his toes and lets me touch his nails with out pulling away. Just don't want to spend the money again and have someone do a horrible job.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea will let us do hers most of the time but if we aren't quick about it she gets restless so we let the groomer grind them down once a month.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can do your own, if he doesn't like to have them clipped, then try a Dremel.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse stay good from walking on concrete otherwise we used to get the vets to do it, but now we would have to do it ourselves how he is with the vet

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
If I were you I would try it since you can see the quick. Vegas has all black and it scares me, I take him to Petsmart about every 5 weeks and have them dremel, cost is only $11. But I have had them re-do some at times.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I take my dogs to the groomers to get them to use the dremel… I'm worried w/the black nails that I would cut them :fie:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I cut Lola's nails then we nail file. About twice a month I nip off the tips while giving lots of treats, broccoli or sweet potato

sent from my droid mini

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have out vet office do it once a month with a dremel... there is an article on the home page how to use the dremel yourself

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
I think I'm going to try and do it my self. Everytime I take him somewhere he comes back with his nails all the same length they were when he left except for maybe one toe on each paw....just tired of paying the money for nothing being done to him. Its like they didnt even try!

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I do Stella's nails myself. Clip first if they are long, then Dremel. The few black toenails she has can be a little tricky judging where to cut, but we have qwik stop just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
If you don't have quike stop you can use flour as well.

I like to clip before incase I get to short.

BUT if you do it after the bath the nails are nice and soft.

I love my bullies!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.