Dog Park Attendant Rigginsluv11's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lou was adopted!

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I have tears in my eyes reading this post. I'm so very happy for sweetie-pie-Lou...what a blessing this is for him and for his new family! AND, what a blessing YOU have been to Lou, @Rigginsluv11! Thank you for all that you did for this little boy!
    Aww thank you! I've been crying off and on all day. Such mixed emotions. I'm so happy for him so I have tears of joy. I miss him so I have a few sad tears. And I have a few tears that I feel like I did something good this past week. 😊 Saying goodbye was tough. But he has a fantastic family! He's going to LOVE his life!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rigginsluv11 View Post
    Aww thank you! I've been crying off and on all day. Such mixed emotions. I'm so happy for him so I have tears of joy. I miss him so I have a few sad tears. And I have a few tears that I feel like I did something good this past week.  Saying goodbye was tough. But he has a fantastic family! He's going to LOVE his life!!

That is so so AWESOME!!! You did a great thing in helping this baby prepare for his new home, even if only a week!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww I'm so glad Lou found a wonderful home and a great family who deserves him. It sounds like he will have a wonderful home on the beach, and a sibling as well. It must have been hard to see him go, but at the same time you can be proud of yourself for what you did for Lou. Your love made a difference in his life, even if it was for just a little while, and now he will have a better life with his new family.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Courtney is amazing! We were all in tears today. Lou was the second to be adopted today too! Hershel was adopted this morning! 

I have seen how hard she works to place these babies!!! Love her heart!!!!! And yours!!!!!
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Aww this brings out the tears First of all I commend you for taking care of this baby, and making sure that he went to a wonderful home. I seriously do NOT know if I could do it, say good-bye that is… You and your family are just pure angels!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

Wow, what a wonderful heartwarming outcome. BTW loved the look of Lou right from the first photo you posted. He was Blessed to be rescued, then blessed to be fostered by you and now he has a loving Forever home. Just wonderful news and must be so rewarding for you and your family, the life lessons you daughter is learning is priceless too! My mum used to rescue animals when I was little and I have the same love and compassion for them as she does. But it would be so hard to say goodbye I am a big sook when it comes to things like that. Cheers to you !
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I sure am going to miss him. He was my first foster and boy is the goodbye tough. Everyone had tears in their eyes. Lou wanted to go with me. They had to hold him back. It broke my heart. But I know he will have a bond with his new family in no time. They fell in love with him right when they saw him. It took them quite a while to decide because the wife was upset. She saw how attached Lou was to me and felt as though she was taking him from me and me from him. I had to talk to them to convince them that I will be ok. I knew this would happen when I signed up to foster. I just want him to be happy and have a great family that will keep him forever. She said they love him and want to take him if I am ok. I said absolutely and hugged her. All while crying of course! Lol.

it would be very hard to part with them

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

You are such an angel to help these poor little bullies, I admire you for your passion!! I'm not even allowed near any rescues!!! I would have 4 bullies if I had land!! Thank you for teaching your daughter about adopting!!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

You can be very proud of the wonderful thing you have done. I don't think I could give them up-and he was so cute. It takes a very loving and unselfish person to do rescue work. Be very proud of yourself.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Dog Park Attendant Rigginsluv11's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone! Maybe I'm not as strong as I thought. It's 12:15am and I'm still crying off and on. Lol. But it's happy and sad at the same time. His new Mommy just wrote me on FB to ask questions and send me pics. 😊

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Fantastic news hun xxx
    It is always hard to "let your foster baby go" to a new family ,even tho you know he will be having a great life -and sadly every time you are going to have a little cry ,but the feeling that you made the difference will give you strength to keep going x
    You and your family are fantastic people z
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

What you have done for Lou Man is just so wonderful,I think you and your family are fantastic for doing this! The picture of Lou and your daughter sleeping is priceless!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads