What a difference a bully owner makes.

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
I took Hooch to the vet's yesterday for his annual checkup. He was scheduled for blood work, vaccines, rabies shot the usual annual stuff. He also needed his nails trimmed so I took along his "Hannibal Lecter muzzle" to protect the techs and vet in case he wanted no parts of it. I always go to these appointments which such dread and trepidation because I can't stand to see him stressed out. Well to my surprise and great relief, there is a new tech at my vet's office who is a bully owner. What a difference this made in the visit. Hooch bonded with her immediately because she wasn't fearful of him, and knew how to handle and treat him immediately. It was love at first site for the both of them (LOL). He couldn't do enough to show off and try to impress her with his lovable bully antics and I couldn't thank her enough for making our visit stress free. My vet was also amazed with just how cooperative and relaxed he was with his new found friend named Carol. She agreed with how protective we bully owners are with our babies and shared with me pics of her bully named Cosmos, who's life she saved by adopting him when he was so sick. To me she is a God send. Shamrock13 and Hooch

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What great news!! It had to be a relief to both you and Hooch.

OP
shamrock13

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
It sure was a welcomed relief for the both of us Kmarino. Carol (the tech) even went and got him a bowl of water after his exam, which he promptly slobbered his drippings all over the floor in the vet's office (LOL). No problem for Carol though, she also came with a towel to wipe it up. I quipped to all who where laughing in the office "these dogs should come with their own mops". Shamrock13 and Hooch

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm grinning with happiness at your great visit, so grateful you got Carol
to help y'all at the Vet's. Cami who is 6 now and here a year (adopted as
a retired breeder) is pretty mellow (a bit of a diva) but injured her rear
paw a couple weeks back, I thought she'd split a nail in two but she was
sitting on it and I couldn't get to it. I'm sitting on the floor in front of her
when all of a sudden Cami whirled around so fast (I couldn't believe that
fat girl could move that quickly) and lunged up into my chest and face and
gave me what for...it was shocking & scary! I immediately (out of instinct)
said to her, "Hey, hey, hey!" in a stern tone. Cami immediately looked
ashamed & sad so after a couple minutes (was so shocked) I consoled her
as it was so out of character for her, she's a sweet 'ole girl & loves people.
I've never seen this behavior at the groomers even if they cut into the quick
but now, I'm concerned and think I should muzzle her to prevent anything.

OP
shamrock13

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
I agree with you Carol, it's only natural for them to try and defend themselves if they are afraid of being hurt. Lynn, from Tennessee (Manydogs) gave me a link to a site that makes custom muzzels. It looks like a basket that is well padded across their noses and doesn't interfere with their breathing. Believe it or not, this muzzel not only distracts him but it seems to have a calming effect on him. I was shocked when I first received it how he let me apply it with no muss or fuss. Hooch is a sweetheart, a real lover not a fighter, but he will react if he feels threatened or scared. Maybe you already have a muzzel for your bully, if not let me know and I will tag Lynn to shoot you the link. Cami looks like a real sweetheart. Shamrock13 and Hooch

AmandaH12

Jun 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Im so glad that you found a vet who owns a bully. It makes a huge difference. After receivingsubstandard service at our local vet. I sought out a vet who specialized in English Bulldogs. This Dr was a true God send. He immediately recognized Macs issue and is wonderful with him. He has treated bullys for over 20 years and comes highly recommended. I thank God for him everyday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What fantastic news.... now get her info cause if she changes jobs you HAVE to follow her :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm sitting on the floor in front of her
when all of a sudden Cami whirled around so fast (I couldn't believe that
fat girl could move that quickly) and lunged up into my chest and face and
gave me what for...it was shocking & scary!

Carol - Banks does the 'whirl' thing too from time to time... could she just need her tail wiped or maybe her girly-parts/belly? banks sometimes has matted fur or just dirt on her belly near the girly area and she does this twirl or lunges trying to get to it. Just a thought

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Carol - Banks does the 'whirl' thing too from time to time... could she just need her tail wiped or maybe her girly-parts/belly? banks sometimes has matted fur or just dirt on her belly near the girly area and she does this twirl or lunges trying to get to it. Just a thought

No, Honey...Cami showed teeth and growled and was inches from my face.
She was clearly upset and was warning me to stop, I felt like she was on the
verge of biting me. I was washing her feet as they were caked with mud and
when I came to that rear foot is when it happened, I hadn't realized she'd
injured it yet. Of course, if Cami was going to bite me, she would have. Her foot
was extremely sore evidently, she'd sat silently then just lost her temper. She
reprimanded me as she would have another dog, as if I was her equal, not her
human. I think that attitude comes from maybe not as much contact early on
because she was a breeder (not sure) just like Cami doesn't play with toys and
really, just now starting to have SOME playful behavior with me. After being so
shocked at her aggressiveness, I just let her know, it was unacceptable to me.
She felt very bad after it happened.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Yeah for Hooch, I'm sure he just flirted his little bully self into her heart!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.