New to bulldog ownership.

Azaria Duque

Jun 19, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
So my husband and I got our bulldog (first one ever), Odin (age 4), last year October off craigslist. His previous owners didn't have any shot, health or breeder records on him, they told me that he was an olde English bulldog. I took him to the vet a couple days after I got him and got his needed shots and a check up to make sure he was healthy. He's a super awesome dog, super sweet and thinks he is a lap dog. Also loves belly rubs, even from strangers.
Just a small background on him. :)

So I would really appreciate any advice or tips on owning a bulldog. Thanks. :)

sorry if this is in the wrong forum, new to all this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 150

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN. Odin is a handsome bully. The best advice I think you could get being a new bully owner is get them on a good grain free food so you cut down on the chances of developing food allergies. Second always make sure you are consistent in any training or commands you give. If you have any questions, you can always pop on here and someone will sure to have an answer for you. Thank you for giving Odin a loving home. You can now enjoy all the love and laughter that comes with having the best breed in the world.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
:welcome4: that's one beautiful bully you got there! And no, you've come to the right place. People here are aweome nice! They even welcomed my cat here lol. Strange people huh? LOL :tongue:. I'm pretty sure they'll ask for more pictures of Odin.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:welcome3: No this is the right place to come to learn all you can about owning a Bullie.

Odin is a beautiful looking boy.

OP
Azaria Duque

Azaria Duque

Jun 19, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
Thanks to all!!! :) Odin is one of the best things to happen to me (tie with my other dog Miki). Super glad I found such an open and friendly community to ask questions and get help if needed about Odin. :)

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Welcome you will love this. You can ask any questions.everyone is really helpful

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi there! Welcome to EBN -we are a little bulldog crazy here -but we are harmless ;-)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Thanks to all!!! :) Odin is one of the best things to happen to me (tie with my other dog Miki). Super glad I found such an open and friendly community to ask questions and get help if needed about Odin. :)
Welcome to the site, you're going to love it here!!!! Thanks for saving Odin and welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a bulldog

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN..... He is a freckled bully, :heart:

thank you you for giving him such a great new home!!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Nice looking bulldog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and welcome to you and Odin, he is a cutie. Thanks so much for rescuing him. You have been given great advice from Rosalie and others already. You will love this site, lots of great information, and lots of great people who are always willing to answer your questions, give you advice, and share their experiences. You can also go to the Home page and read the many helpful forums on many topics from Health and Nutrition, caring for your Bully, and many other topics. If you have any questions just ask, and someone will come along to help. Looking forward to seeing lots more of you on here and lot of pictures of Odin.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online