Eleanor is in heat

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
So, Eleanor is 11months and the vet wanted to wait until she was a year old to spay her. I was praying she wouldn't go into heat, but she has. Well, she also seems to have explosive diarrhea as well. Is this normal during a heat cycle? If so, how long does it last. I have a hard enough time keeping her diaper on that the diarrhea really isn't helping. :blush2: I've been using the google but not sure how long the heat cycle will last. Looks like it could be a couple of weeks. I have the spay scheduled for next month.

I appreciate everyone's input or suggestions.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Never noticed diarrhea so if it doesn't improve you may want to have her seen by a vet so she doesn't get dehydrated.

Generally, a heat is 2 weeks of bleeding and can last another two weeks after of brownish spotting. I would recommend waiting a month after the heat cycle is done before spay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The diarrhea is not normal and as Lisa has said, it will take about a month for it to totally go away, plus do not let her out of your sight when she is outside. Males will go over or under a fence to get to a bitch in heat. Plus like she said, wait at least a month after, before you spay her. I like waiting about 3 months after.

OP
A

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
Thank you all. Im a little upset that she is in heat as it wasn't my intention but the vet said to wait until one year. I'm hoping this won't cause her any future issues.

Members online

No members online now.