Home Remodeling..

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
After months-and-months of decision making we are FINALLY ready to start our remodel... the down-payment gets paid today and in ~2 weeks the fun begins.

Phase 1: ~4000 sqft of Flooring. If its on the floor... its getting ripped up (tile, carpet & hardwood).

The main 'living' area of our house is going to be torn up for ~6 days. This includes ~1100 sqft of 18"x18" tile that needs to be removed (tip: NEVER PUT DOWN TILE!!). Depending on how our original builder put down the tile when we built the house we may have a few sections of sub-floor removed (aka.. quick access portals to the basement). Then we have another ~3 days of the new floor going down in that area.

Their normal 'world' is going to be off-limits for over a week... I am sooo not looking forward to the Bulldog OCD to kick in!

Anybody ever literally rip the floor out from under their dogs feet? They aren't going to be happy being kept in the back yard all day, and they are going to HATE having to sleep upstairs.

Also.. Anybody know a good source of bulldog sized hard hats?

(Image for reference only)

bulldog-consutruction-300x282.jpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well you KNOW Molly & Kevin are going to be undone… Lol. I want to redo all the flooring in this house too, but it will have to wait… You can always send Kevin here to TN to keep Wally company?!! :w00t:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh boy, I do not envy you!! Your house will be beautiful when done, but you may lose your mind in the process. Keep us posted, and I'm sure videos will be necessary.

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
We had a main floor remodel that started January 20 and completed March 21. The master bedroom is on the main floor and the rooms were taken down to the studs; walls torn down/moved, floors ripped, and new windows. Our house is 30 years old and needed updating. We moved our bedroom downstairs (from the back our basement looks like another floor with regular windows and atrium door), so we lived in another part of the house.
Lucy adjusted after a couple of weeks. The workers coming in and out was disrupting (for plumbing and electrical purposes they were up and downstairs) but Lucy saw it as an opportunity to make friends.
we're finally back to normal, but we're starting, next Monday, to finish the downstairs by adding another bedroom and bathroom to the already finished family room.
The hard part now is keeping the scratches in our new wood floors to a minimum from Lucy's nails. Guess we'll learn to live with that...I am taking her in every two weeks for nail trims as the groomer said the cuticles will recede each time and then the scratches won't be as deep.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
The hard part now is keeping the scratches in our new wood floors to a minimum from Lucy's nails. Guess we'll learn to live with that...I am taking her in every two weeks for nail trims as the groomer said the cuticles will recede each time and then the scratches won't be as deep.

It was a tough decision going with hardwood floors for that reason.. In the end we went with a hickory (one of the hardest woods) with a thick top coat.

I wonder if they make 'Soft Paws' (https://www.softpaws.com/) for Dogs :w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It was a tough decision going with hardwood floors for that reason.. In the end we went with a hickory (one of the hardest woods) with a thick top coat.

I wonder if they make 'Soft Paws' (https://www.softpaws.com/) for Dogs :w00t:

worth a try or you can them sneakers withe the hard hats when you find them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.