Odd smell in mouth

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Anyone ever experience there dog having an odd odor from their mouth, especially when they lick something? Spike licked the couch and it smelled like pennies and batteries.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like blood, it gives off a metal smell.... How old is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter's breath smells amazing when he's only eating the farm fresh pet food. But when I add in the kibble I use, the blue Buffalo basic, his breath quickly goes to "disgusting". Smells like sour fish. I believe in other words, it's entirely based on the food.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I know that acid reflux can also sometimes cause a metallic smell. As Lisa said, it could also be blood. I'd check his mouth for any sores or cuts

OP
S

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
No cuts but I could see some acid indigestion causing it as it's happened before. Thanks for the replies.

flossie

Jun 14, 2014
Oxfordshire uk
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Im in uk my boys get biscuits(cookies) with mint and parsley in helps there teeth and breath

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You could give him some plain yogurt each day. Good for digestion, and they love it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe he has some of his adult teeth still cutting in? I forget how old they are when they are in fully.

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Diesel had a very stinky smell and I found out it was his year infection since he was licking his feet !
Hope you find out what's wrong with your baby

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Licking odd things is a sign of heart burn, so stomach acids is my quess, what makes that smell. There are some over the counter human medicines that you can to dogs. You could ask the farmacist. There could be something in his food that causes his heart burn. But with like humans every individual is different, so it's difficult to know what it is in your babys case.

mandals0810

Aug 27, 2014
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy
Sassy's breath also has a metallic smell. The nurse in me automatically thinks blood....but other than when she's lost a tooth, there are no signs of bleeding. I do feed her plain Greek Yogurt daily... still no idea what it could be.... She is still teething, but again, there are no signs of active bleeding....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.