Finally found a doggy day care...

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
:up: I have wanted to enroll Silva in a doggy day care for a while now and finally found one not too far from my house. It looks pretty good and reasonable prices. They also do grooming. I am going to check it out next week first then hopefully start her one day a week to get some socializing with other dogs. I will keep you posted once I check it out!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm sure she will be the star of the daycare!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@Lacey28 I manage a dog daycare and wanted to give you a few tips. I don't mean to intrude but I have seen the gamete of good and bad. Make sure the daycare does an eval on ALL dog attending. (this does not mean reading off of a checklist) Ask what they do to correct poor behavior. Also ask if anyone there has any training or behavioral experience. I LOVE DAYCARE but one in our area is a chain grooming /daycare and there employees are "certified " by a 2 day program which is a joke and just 3 days ago a dog was killed there! just do your homework and you will be fine. Ps there should always be at least 2 people available to watch the daycare dogs at ALL times I dont care if there are 3 dogs. If a fight breaks out you need 2 people. I dont mean to scare you off at all I truely believe daycare is a good thing . I just want all dogs who attend ANY daycare to be safe! Here is the one I work at in indy I realize we aren't in your area but you should look for some of the things that are listed. www.clubcanine.info Any ? please don't hesitate to ask me.

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@Lacey28 I manage a dog daycare and wanted to give you a few tips. I don't mean to intrude but I have seen the gamete of good and bad. Make sure the daycare does an eval on ALL dog attending. (this does not mean reading off of a checklist) Ask what they do to correct poor behavior. Also ask if anyone there has any training or behavioral experience. I LOVE DAYCARE but one in our area is a chain grooming /daycare and there employees are "certified " by a 2 day program which is a joke and just 3 days ago a dog was killed there! just do your homework and you will be fine. Ps there should always be at least 2 people available to watch the daycare dogs at ALL times I dont care if there are 3 dogs. If a fight breaks out you need 2 people. I dont mean to scare you off at all I truely believe daycare is a good thing . I just want all dogs who attend ANY daycare to be safe! Here is the one I work at in indy I realize we aren't in your area but you should look for some of the things that are listed. www.clubcanine.info Any ? please don't hesitate to ask me.

Excellent advice!!! :up:

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
doggy daycare sounds cool! it unheard of in Alabama

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Doggy daycares are so awesome. Stiggy looks forward to it everytime. He gets excited once he realizes where he's going and runs from the car to the place without looking back. No goodbye kisses ever for me or my bf :*(:lol:. It's a great place to tire them out too, so I don't feel so bad when I have to go somewhere after work. Plus me and my bf always uses the night as a 'date night' and go somewhere out to eat.

But as [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] says, be sure to do your research and ask all the questions. 'Screening' is an absolute must.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online