wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness is going backwards, yes i know it's only been less than a week hahaha. First four days no accidents in the house, today he has had four! we are watching him like a hawk and yet he is going, pee not poop. He is not getting any more water than normal, and as the days go on he is biting and gnawing worse. His :poo: is also becoming more soft and is not firm anymore. What is weird is that he started doing this as he has had more Fromm in his food and switching away from Purina puppy he was on when he came home. Not the great and perfect puppy from the first few days yet I still :heart: him

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Gertie did the same thing when she was real little. I wonder if they get "comfortable" in their new home and just stop trying to do what they're supposed to? As for the food, maybe you should transition him a little slower.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
I am going to tone back the transition of food a little...the way i did it was 75/25 old food for two days, then 50/50 for two days, etc...now up to 1/2 cup 3x daily of Fromm Puppy. Will go back to 75/25 Fromm/old dog food to see how he takes it....little bit of trial and error here

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
You are not alone but we have had Brodie a little over a month now and he is just now starting to regress or becoming defiant as I put it. He did wonderful for at leat 4 weeks and just very recently has had more accidents in 3 days then he had in 4 weeks and often we have just been outside or we have the back door open for him. He is also not minding as well and trying my patience...do they go thru "stages". I sometimes say with my children that they are going thru a "stage" when they are not themselves. He is still just as sweet as ever and you just can't help but love him to death :heart::bully:. The life with a Puppie! Food, we switched him 50/50 from what he was on (and now i can't remember what it was) to "Taste of the Wild" which is what we have Lola on and his poo and all is great but has tear stains. Lola now has tear stains and has had them maybe once in her 3 years. It's all crazy and frusturating...good luck!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy did exactly the same thing ... I used to say to my husband "3 steps forward, and then 2 steps back" AND in the case of Daddy it was occasionally "3 steps forward, and 5 steps back" :eek:

Daddy is the cutest most cuddliest dog I think I've ever had .... but boy is he dumb!! :crazy:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
oh [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], you are making me laugh so much tonight. poor daddy. my first two eb's were brother and sister. the boy was like the einstein of dogs, and my girl was an absolute retard. i couldn't even potty train her, i kept her in diapers. she was the sweetest, biggest cuddlebug, lovey dovey dog ever though!

[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION], i would try to go slower w/the food switch, but also give him a teaspoon of plain whole fat yogurt a day. you could also feed him a lil bit of pumpkin puree (unseasoned of course) to firm up those turds! when my first eb's were babies they would occasionally have uneasy bellies and both remedies would really help. and they love it! especially the yogurt. when they are getting used to a new home they are separated fromtheir littermates and their momma, so sometimes they get stressed and it messes with them physically. the vet said that sometimes when they get stressed out pretty bad the "coccidia (sp)" in their gi tracts can get out of control and cause runny poo.

the addage "one step forward, two steps back" is so true with the babies, but just be patient and eventually he will get the hang of it. are you using peepee pads in the house too? i used those and had success as far as not busting out the bissel 20 times a day. with butler and my previous eb's i trained them to ring a bell by the door to be let out to potty, i would recommend that to you as well :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online