Shedding

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Sorry about that Aqualung, we had to restore a backup of the database so we lost a few things that were posted, mostly in the chat box.

Well since you live in NY, I am guessing that it is getting warmer there? She is probably just perparing for summer, and getting rid of the extra hair she grew in for winter.

What dog food did you put her on? If you are currently making a switch, this can cause some shedding while they adjust to new food.

Also, stressful situations can cause your dog to shed.

OP
Aqualung

Aqualung

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Stomper
I know they shed the winter coat..I've had boxers my whole life and she seems to shed alot more than they did.. I have changed her over to Wellnes LOW FAT food,but it's only been a few days that she is on it..She is SPIOLED rotten ,so I dont think she is under any stress at all..I gave her a bath the other day and it's gotten alot of the fur out.. Maybe she is just getting rid of her winter coat..Time will tell!!

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
my dogs are all shedding their winter coats right now.

what seems to help some is that i have a mitten with rubber bristles to scrub/brush them with in the bath (they love it). when they get out of the bath, i use a fur buster brush on them and also give them at least weekly brushings outside to help cut down on the shedding in doors. it also helps keep their coats shiny :)

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Well since you are switching her to a really good dog food, she could be shedding more, maybe because the pores on her skin are becoming healthy, horomones can also factor in on this too. Also the winter coat as well. Combo of the two or three maybe? I know since we switched Molly to Avoderm her coat is super shiny now and she pretty much is not shedding at all anymore. Funny, I really like to give her a good rub down now because her coat is so soft and it does not stink at all. I swear she looks like she just had a bath everyday now. Cannot wait to see her after a whole month of being on good dog food!

OP
Aqualung

Aqualung

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Stomper
I just switched her over to the Wellnes,so I dont think that is the cause of the shedding..Maybe I'm just being a lil parinod LOL.. I gave her a much need bath the other day and it seemed to get rid of most of the dead fur..It could be hormones too,she just had her first heat a couple of weeks ago..I'm hoping she will drop a few pounds on the Wellnes core low fat..She is a lil FAT at this moment..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online