Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
@ddnene Thank you Tracey! :drawheart:

No fever and less cough but greeny runny nose! Argh today is the 5th day. hope he really is on the mend now.

@jimmyjj yup we did twice in 5 days already :(. He got an antibiotic shot yesterday then tablets on Sunday. We go back to the vet on Monday.
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION]. Give him a hug from me !!!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Hope Bifi is better steaming sounds like a good idea. How is the cat doing and whatever became of the cats name :hmm: sure hope it all works out . Hopes and prayers, fingers and paws crossed.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I agree… and it's very hard to get rid of, takes awhile… How is Bifi doing today?!!

Still not good :(. After breakfast he started to shiver then threw up all of what he ate this morning. He threw up again a little from running excitedly to greet his dad this afternoon. No fever. He still has his normal vigorous appetite and drinks well. He also wants to play but he's not allowed :*(. I don't really know if this "wait and see" is good. I want to change vet but my husband doesn't want to. i should've insisted for xray and asked for blood test!!! I'm gonna start pulling out my hair soon.

@schimpfy Thank you! We still don't have a name for the cat. I'm thinking of naming him "Bully" because he bullies Bifi. One snarl or hiss from him and Bifi is down on his stomach lol. Bifi can't pass by or enter the room when the cat is splayed by the door licking himself. Though he once rubbed himself on Bifi (probably marking his scent on him lol) so i hope he would learn to accept that my boy does live in the house too. My husband wants to name the cat "Fatty" or "Dicker" or "Speck" (German words for fat) :D.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I agree with it sounding like Kennel Cough. I think you are right in wanting to try a different veterinarian. Red flags went up when the doctor mentioned allergies to the cat when Bifi also had a fever.

Is he still coughing? Is he eating his food too fast which may be making him vomit? When he threw up from being excited, was he fine afterwards? An X-Ray might be a good idea esp if there might be a blockage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Still not good :(. After breakfast he started to shiver then threw up all of what he ate this morning. He threw up again a little from running excitedly to greet his dad this afternoon. No fever. He still has his normal vigorous appetite and drinks well. He also wants to play but he's not allowed :*(. I don't really know if this "wait and see" is good. I want to change vet but my husband doesn't want to. i should've insisted for xray and asked for blood test!!! I'm gonna start pulling out my hair soon.

@schimpfy Thank you! We still don't have a name for the cat. I'm thinking of naming him "Bully" because he bullies Bifi. One snarl or hiss from him and Bifi is down on his stomach lol. Bifi can't pass by or enter the room when the cat is splayed by the door licking himself. Though he once rubbed himself on Bifi (probably marking his scent on him lol) so i hope he would learn to accept that my boy does live in the house too. My husband wants to name the cat "Fatty" or "Dicker" or "Speck" (German words for fat) :D.

Can you take him to someone else for a second opinion? This is lasting to long I think.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] Bifi is so much better now, thank goodness! The antibiotic has finally cleared the greeny runny nose but the cough is not completely gone yet. No fever, no puking and no shaking. He is 90% back to himself. Thank you very much for checking up on him :). Really do appreciate it.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
You would do the same and that is what we are here for. So glad bifi is on the mend and Bully has a new home

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=11086]schimpfy[/MENTION] Thank you! that's so sweet! for a second there the name Bully didn't register lol then i started to laugh ;).

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@pdolphin27 Bifi is so much better now, thank goodness! The antibiotic has finally cleared the greeny runny nose but the cough is not completely gone yet. No fever, no puking and no shaking. He is 90% back to himself. Thank you very much for checking up on him :). Really do appreciate it.

EXCELLENT news!! :dance:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION] --- I am still playing catch up! WOW, what an ordeal for you and Bifi --- how is he doing today?

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@dieMuttivonBifi --- I am still playing catch up! WOW, what an ordeal for you and Bifi --- how is he doing today?

He is almost back to normal except he still has this gurgling noise in his throat and a bit of coughing plus reverse sneezing. So mommy is not entirely satisfied and happy yet :). I'm hoping all these will clear up this week.

Thank you for your concern even though you yourself has alot in your mind right now. How is the little Diva? Any improvements? changes at all?

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Oh gosh I am just now reading this!!! I am sooo glad bifi is feeling better!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.