Allergic to cat?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just checked Bifi's gums and pressed it they are pale! that means he's not getting enough oxygen doesn't it? Ok i googled i have to give it a few minutes because he just woke up when i checked his gums. deep breath.

Yes breathe, pale gums means something with his blood flow. Is he responsive?

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Yes breathe, pale gums means something with his blood flow. Is he responsive?

yes he is responsive. and i checked again and they are normal. I know i sound manic right now lol. i am just worried sick!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm just reading this now...okay, deep breath for you, [MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION]. Since the vet gave him the antibiotic shot I am hopeful this will help him a lot since infection is suspected. You are watching him closely which is a positive and I know how worried you are but as long as Bifi is eating, drinking okay, allow the medication to do its work. I'm praying that the little guy will only get better every day. :pray:

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I haven't really had a chance to read through all of the posts but im sure you got some great tips up there

My frenchton happens to be severely allergic to cats (we had test done) and guess what we have - a 14 year old cat that we can not part with.

The cat is my husband's from his first marriage and he had given him away when he was deployed to his aunt. When my husband came back from his deployment, we got our frenchton. Due to some unfortunate events my husband's aunt couldn't keep the cat anymore so we took him back.

Sully seem to be fine for a while and then he started breaking out into hives, losing fur, getting ear infections (he has huge upright ears so it was all allergy related), runny nose and was just itchy. We took him to the vet and we honestly thought it was some type of seasonal allergy. 3 years later his allergies were on and off, so again we thought it was just seasonal allergies.

Then we moved to Cali and he lost almost all his fur. So that's when I took him to a dermatologist and got tests done. Turns out all this time he was allergic to the cat (I never thought that was possible). Turns out that the previous tenant also had cats and our landlord never changed the carpeting so it triggered a really bad reaction with his allergies. Hives, skin infections, extreme fur lose, watery eyes, ear infections. But even with all this he never had a cough or a fever, so I want to say I doubt it is an allergy to the cat.

Good luck with everything! Prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@cali baker Thank you very much for the kind words.

@nubonics Thank you!!! It's very comforting to know that the cat is not the cause of all this.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION] Hows Mister Bifi feeling today?

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@dieMuttivonBifi Hows Mister Bifi feeling today?

Hey Phil Thank you for asking :). No fever, so that's good. He still coughs though not as severe as yesterday. His nose is runny and would sneeze greeny mucous :(. But his spirit is up, he wants to play and is hungry. and he didn't throw up his dinner last night and no puking today either (knock on wood). Hope the shot he got yesterda is really working and not just band-aiding what he has.

Thank you very much again. means so much that people here care!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey Phil Thank you for asking :). No fever, so that's good. He still coughs though not as severe as yesterday. His nose is runny and would sneeze greeny mucous :(. But his spirit is up, he wants to play and is hungry. and he didn't throw up his dinner last night and no puking today either (knock on wood). Hope the shot he got yesterda is really working and not just band-aiding what he has.

Thank you very much again. means so much that people here care!

That's GREAT news!! Hopefully things will get better from here on out. :D

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION]
Happy to hear his doing good. Did they fine out whats wrong with him?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hey just checking in to see how Bifi is doing… Sounds like he's feeling better!!! ;) Keep us posted...

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@dieMuttivonBifi
Happy to hear his doing good. Did they fine out whats wrong with him?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

nope, we still don't know what the problem really is, but there's a very high chance it's an infection. I still can't relax yet because when he started coughing 5 days ago, he was fine after the shot too then 2 days later he started coughing again severely than before. I'm hoping there's no underlying problem and that the shots he got is not just a band aid. another thing that worries me is the greenish mucous running out of his nose. Your very kind to ask. Thank you! :).

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
nope, we still don't know what the problem really is, but there's a very high chance it's an infection. I still can't relax yet because when he started coughing 5 days ago, he was fine after the shot too then 2 days later he started coughing again severely than before. I'm hoping there's no underlying problem and that the shots he got is not just a band aid. another thing that worries me is the greenish mucous running out of his nose. Your very kind to ask. Thank you! :).

Don't sound good. Have you took your baby to the vets ?

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
@ddnene Thank you Tracey! :drawheart:

No fever and less cough but greeny runny nose! Argh today is the 5th day. hope he really is on the mend now.

[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] yup we did twice in 5 days already :(. He got an antibiotic shot yesterday then tablets on Sunday. We go back to the vet on Monday.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like hes got kennel cough, hot steamy bathroom will help too

Most Reactions