How long is your bully alone during the day?

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer is home usually about 5 hours alone. I do have my mom go over and let him out and check on him. My hubby is home a lot with him, but hubby has a medical condition and sleeps A LOT! So, I worry that my Dozer is bored and then when I get home from 10 hour days, I'm tired. Any suggestions or thoughts. We play catch in the house, but that last about 10 minutes and he lays down. I was working a lot with him and slacked after starting 10 hour days. I just don't know. Sorry to ramble. I just worry every day about him being bored at home.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't think you need to worry:) If he's not turning your home upside down he's probably fine. I'm home all day long but still my bullies sleep most of the day away:tongue:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I agree, I think they sleep so much that they are fine. Bocephus gives me a weird look on weekends when I'm home all day with him. I think he just wants me to leave so he can have control of his area.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think you need to worry:) If he's not turning your home upside down he's probably fine. I'm home all day long but still my bullies sleep most of the day away:tongue:

Totally agree with this. There was something I saw online this week somewhere that said - we worry so much about our dogs being bored and what their doing but realistically they're catching zzzzz's the whole time. LOL! They're living in dream land while we're losing our minds worrying about them.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Dozer and Blossom are hardly ever alone, as my son is always home during the day, and I'm home at the moment. But I agree with everyone else, they do mostly sleep during the day, even when we are home, so I'm sure he's fine. You mentioned your Mom comes over and let's Dozer out, so I'm sure he is okay just chillin and relaxing until you get home. I wouldn't worry.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fortunately Buster is never alone either my wife or her mom is with him all the time.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is rarely home alone. Someone is almost always at the house.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco is home alone for about 9 hours if Caroline and I are both working. (I work Mon-Fri and she works 5 days a week but every other weekend) So he will be home alone 5 days one week and 3 the next. He gets free roam of the kitchen which has his food and water bowls, toys and a bed for lounging. He doesn't seem to have any issues with it and is very excited when we get home. No accidents either :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
They're alone, in their own crates, for about 9 hours a day M-F. I wish it could be different but that's our reality at the moment. Yesterday I was off from work and I left Finn by himself, uncrated, for about 20minutes (Tate was in day camp). No damage done to the house whatsoever! So, hoping one day they will "graduate" to more house freedom in the near future.

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thanks a bunch you all. That is a load lifted off my shoulders. Dozer has free access to all of the house, he rarely does anything bad, unless we leave the remote where he can get it. He loves remotes. We have went through about 10 in the last two years. Never has an accident and is always glad to see me. I guess I shouldn't feel guilty. I'll try not to.

Tbearlion

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
Marley and pooh are alone about 9 hours in the kitchen with water, toys and comfy beds. We're moving soon and instead of being 30 miles from work we'll be about 1/2 mile and we get to work at home. So excited!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
About 8-9 hours per day... i sometimes have my sister come over for a quick potty break around noon, but overall the pups just want to go back to sleep once they come in with her

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
My babies are really never alone . I am stay at home mom with three kiddos . Two of them go to school. If I go so where Roxy is the Only one who is crated as she is very hyper and I am afraid she will destroy something. All of my dogs have their crates where they sleep in them at night but Diesel or my boxer, xena do to need them while we are out of the house. Diesel snores a lot so we lock him up downstairs at night and Xena had always her crate , she is 8 years old and getting slowly old so this is her quiet place in our bedroom away from all the kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Nelson is typically crated for about 8-10 hrs per day (mon-fri) while I am at work.
While I don't think that is ideal, he doesn't seem to have suffered for it. I do tend to leave music (classical) on for him.

Given my experience working from home on occasion, I -strongly- suspect that while I am away he simply sleeps in his crate. On the weekends he will often give me a look like, "why are you still here, you are interfering with my prime sleep time". And when working from home, he pretty much just dozes at my feet.

He has free run of the house while I am at home, whether I am awake or asleep, but never seems to wander more than a few feet away.

Cheers,
Nelson and his buddy

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.