Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long is your bully alone during the day?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How long is your bully alone during the day?

About 8-9 hours per day... i sometimes have my sister come over for a quick potty break around noon, but overall the pups just want to go back to sleep once they come in with her
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Roxy
    Likes (Received)

My babies are really never alone . I am stay at home mom with three kiddos . Two of them go to school. If I go so where Roxy is the Only one who is crated as she is very hyper and I am afraid she will destroy something. All of my dogs have their crates where they sleep in them at night but Diesel or my boxer, xena do to need them while we are out of the house. Diesel snores a lot so we lock him up downstairs at night and Xena had always her crate , she is 8 years old and getting slowly old so this is her quiet place in our bedroom away from all the kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pooper scooper
    Real Name
    Jay
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nelson
    Likes (Received)

Nelson is typically crated for about 8-10 hrs per day (mon-fri) while I am at work.
    While I don't think that is ideal, he doesn't seem to have suffered for it. I do tend to leave music (classical) on for him.

Given my experience working from home on occasion, I -strongly- suspect that while I am away he simply sleeps in his crate. On the weekends he will often give me a look like, "why are you still here, you are interfering with my prime sleep time". And when working from home, he pretty much just dozes at my feet.

He has free run of the house while I am at home, whether I am awake or asleep, but never seems to wander more than a few feet away.

Cheers,
    Nelson and his buddy

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

As im a full time carer girls are not left long and they are free to roam the house when we are out x
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Only about 2 or 3 hours when we go to the store. Elmo stays in his crate. I am home all the time with my dogs, except like when we go to the store about twice a week.

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

I am so happy my boy is hardly ever alone now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 bulldogs Maggie and Brewster they are gong on 11 years old and i have had them since pups. My bullies dont really play alot. Mine just love to hog the couch all day and relax. Eat and relax ...poop and relax and so on. I take them for short walks until they get exhausted like (10) minutes and they lay down on me. My dogs are totally healthy and happy. As long as they have some tough chew toys I think your bully will be fine I work from home so i am here all the time but in the basement for 8 a day. They do just fine upstairs.

Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rhys
    Likes (Received)

Rhys is 9 mo and we keep him in his crate while we are at work all day. We have a neighbour who comes in to walk him twice a day though.
    As others have said: when we are home all day all he does is sleep; well, in between his burst of puppy energy.

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

We typically leave Ruckus home alone for about 5 hours in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. One of us comes home during lunch to take him for a walk and spend some quality time playing with him. We tried a dog walker, but they just weren't taking him on the length of walks they promised (yet still charged the full price...) so he would be a little irritated or upset. While Ruckus loves it when someone comes home at lunch time, he would probably sleep all day if we didn't. He is normally asleep when we come in at lunch and after work. He loves to be awake and active when we're home, so he adopts our schedule and will even stay up late at night with us, then he sleeps all day and speckles in a little barking at the pigeons out back for fun. I will say, I'm overjoyed that he is done with his puppy chewing phase (he's 16 months old now) because for a long time it was like playing a guessing game as to whether or not he was an angel or chewed the couch while we were gone. Unless Dozer is acting out, he probably sleeps and lounges while you're gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads