What's Average weight for 20 weeks old male and female

AllieCoop

Jun 8, 2014
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie Grace and Cooper Jax
People that don't have Bulldogs always comment that my Babies are so fat. I don't think so... what's the average weight for 20 weeks old?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It varies so much as bullies come in all shapes and sizes. There is a thread around here somewhere that has a bit of information but I can't find the link on my phone.

My Harlea was 9lbs when we got her at 8 week and at 20 weeks she was roughly 20lbs. At one year she was 38lbs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm trying to remember when ours where that small. I am thinking around 20 to 28 pounds. If you show us a few pics of your babies we can tell you if they look about right. Every bully is different, so I don't put too much into how much they weigh, but more into how they look. They should have a little waist, you should be able to feel their ribs with firm pressure and not see their ribs.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
People that don't have Bulldogs always comment that my Babies are so fat. I don't think so... what's the average weight for 20 weeks old?
Average between 25-30 how much do they weigh?

OP
AllieCoop

AllieCoop

Jun 8, 2014
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie Grace and Cooper Jax
Cooper weighs probably 35 and Allie weighs maybe 30

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
They can have such a wide range of healthy weight. Bocephus is 8 months and weighs 65 lbs, but he still has clear definition when standing - when sitting he looks like a little chubby puppy.
Don't let people's comments get to you, there are so many people who don't know the breed and think they know best.

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
They can have such a wide range of healthy weight. Bocephus is 8 months and weighs 65 lbs, but he still has clear definition when standing - when sitting he looks like a little chubby puppy.
Don't let people's comments get to you, there are so many people who don't know the breed and think they know best.

I agree. There are so many Nosy Nancy's! As long as the vet says they are healthy and you know they're happy then that's all that should matter. End of story.

My Patton will be 20 weeks this coming Monday and last week at the vet he was 31.4 lbs and the vet has commented since day 1 that he has always been a very healthy weight. Now, if I could only fix his itchyness he would be 100% perfect! :yes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I think your babies are beautiful and normal.

Most Reactions