Collar or Harness?

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
harness, a collar pulls on the neck

I noticed that the collar pulls the neck. I have a Martin Gale collar on Porkie. I feels as though I am still pulling her neck. She has a Kong harness as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I use a Martingale collar, but don't have any problems as Dozer does not pull. He stays by my side all the time. We had problems with the collar sliding off because he would lay down beside me if we were out and as soon as he put his head down it falls off. I just kept putting it on, then the trainer I am working with asked if I wanted to try a Martingale collar which works perfectly. He doesn't pull and is a really good boy. The only reason I even have a collar on him is when we are out and about because it's the law.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I use a collar for Bocephus if we are just going out in the yard (in case he trys to go visit the kids next door or the cat across the street). For walks, I always put him in his harness (I have a couple different types) that way he can't pull or choke himself.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I noticed that the collar pulls the neck. I have a Martin Gale collar on Porkie. I feels as though I am still pulling her neck. She has a Kong harness as well.

we bought a martingale collar and yes it stops Ftse pulling us but it still pulls on their neck so I stopped using it after the second time and went back to the harness I would rather be pulled than hurt Ftse

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
we bought a martingale collar and yes it stops Ftse pulling us but it still pulls on their neck so I stopped using it after the second time and went back to the harness I would rather be pulled than hurt Ftse

I agree . I am switching back to the harness due to those reasons. I know Martin Gale explains no choking, it pulls. She can sport the collar as fashion lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I agree . I am switching back to the harness due to those reasons. I know Martin Gale explains no choking, it pulls. She can sport the collar as fashion lol

I do have to put a collar on Ftse when he is at my daughters house with his tags on, not for walking thou

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Thinking of trying the Martingale collar - for training only.
WB is very strong now.
So am I.
But I can barely hold him when he gets down, digs in and takes off.
This happened once the other day when he attacked the hoover (he hates "das Hoover").
I ended up with a very, very sore pinkie finger and had to let go of the leash as a result.
Imagine what would happen out on the street.
I don't want to see him escape an get run over...of get the needle for biting someone.
He has to learn NO means NO dogon it!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I use a collar for tags and taking Rigs potty out back. A harness for walking or going potty out front where there is a lot more going on.

Most Reactions