Bulldog Life Jacket

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Lake season is here so I want to get Riggins a life jacket for kayaking and stand up paddle boarding with me.

Does anyone have a life jacket for their bulldog that can make suggestions or recommendations to me? There are so many different ones! I like the idea of the best that also has the flap around the neck that will keep his head/face out of the water. But I don't know anything about them.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have never bought one, but they are essential if you are taking your bully on the water. My recommendation would be to take him w/you when you purchase it to make sure that it fits properly… and of course we need picture verification on that one as well… Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
x-small-11-18-lbs-girth-15-19-.jpg
I like the looks of this one because it has the head float. It will hold the head up and out of the water. [MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION]

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
The pic of the life jacket is one of the best jackets available and highly recommended the head float adds more security. If your dog likes water it will adjust to the jacket quickly. Hope you have lots of fun and of course take pics to share.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
x-small-11-18-lbs-girth-15-19-.jpg
I like the looks of this one because it has the head float. It will hold the head up and out of the water. [MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION]

This is exactly what I was thinking! I wanna keep his head out of the water as much as possible. 😃

I will definitely post pictures!!! I bought my paddle board today and went out for the first time. I'm hooked! I'm going to get used to it a little more and then bring Rigs 😃 We are going to get him used to the kayak and me more used to the paddle board first. I can't wait!

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I did some research too on this, and ended up with the Ruffwear Float Coat. It is the most expensive one, but I really liked the construction. It is made up of panels rather than a single piece of material, which allows for better movement. Plus, the buckles are tucked into little pockets so they don't get hung up on anything as you are pulling your bullie into the kayak. It also has the (adjustable) chest panel to keep the head above water. I found the "cheaper" life vests to not fit as well. For instance, the Petco brand one was too big...Koozer needed the large to fit his chest and belly, but then the jacket was too long so it actually velcroed over his penis...figured that wouldn't go over so well.

Like others have said, just test some out and see what works. Even if you buy online, most have good return policies. Good luck with your purchase!

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I did some research too on this, and ended up with the Ruffwear Float Coat. It is the most expensive one, but I really liked the construction. It is made up of panels rather than a single piece of material, which allows for better movement. Plus, the buckles are tucked into little pockets so they don't get hung up on anything as you are pulling your bullie into the kayak. It also has the (adjustable) chest panel to keep the head above water. I found the "cheaper" life vests to not fit as well. For instance, the Petco brand one was too big...Koozer needed the large to fit his chest and belly, but then the jacket was too long so it actually velcroed over his penis...figured that wouldn't go over so well.

Like others have said, just test some out and see what works. Even if you buy online, most have good return policies. Good luck with your purchase!

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to have a picture of Koozer in his? Right now I'm trying to get Riggins used to my paddle board in the front yard. Then we will move to the water 😃

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
This is the lifejacket right out of the box so it was a little big. After we adjusted all the straps, it fit much better and sat a little more forward on his shoulders and around his neck.
lifejacket.jpg

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
This is the lifejacket right out of the box so it was a little big. After we adjusted all the straps, it fit much better and sat a little more forward on his shoulders and around his neck.
View attachment 72787

Crazy question but does it cover his boy parts? Some I've read about covered it which creates a bit of a mess. 🙈

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
No it doesn't cover the boy parts. Once it was adjusted a little better, it fit much better under the belly.

Thank you! Kind of an odd question, sorry! Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.