This is how smart Nigel is...let me tell you what he did...

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Sooooo I'm always amazed at how smart Nigel is cause he'll understand me when I speak to him - so the other day he pee'd on my bed and I was not aware until later as I was sitting in bed watching tv and smelled it - I could't figure out where it was coming from and then I found it and I remember he did sleep really late and I did too where I normally get up and take him out around 3 or 4am. So I cleaned it up and got after him for not waking me up like he normally does and I don't spank him or anything but a little scolding you know - so after that I tell him he cannot get on the bed cause he wet the bed so I want you to know that he did not whine at me to put him in bed instead he slept on the carpet next to the bed. The next night again he didn't whine but he would look at me to pick him up and I told him again no you can't get in the bed because you wet the bed so you have to sleep on the floor now. Once again he didn't whine or fuss but slept on the floor - well last night the 3rd night as it was time to get in bed he started limping and I noticed but he hadn't done anything so I didn't know what would have caused him to limp. He wouldn't put weight on his left hind leg and he wasn't sitting normally so I checked him out and massaged the leg but he didn't yelp or anything. I didn't feel anything different and of course I put him in the bed...he slept fine and I promise you when we woke up and all day today he has been walking and running just fine. I really can't help but wonder if he faked it to get back in the bed? Amazing! I'm keeping a close eye on him and his little left hind leg to make sure he's ok...but can you imagine? lil scoundrel lol

If you have any similar stories please share! Amazing Bulldogs!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:giggle: That's such a cute story, Sally!! Nigel is indeed quite smart and sure knows how to get mommy to feel sorry for him!
I'm glad his "limp" is all better now! ;)

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Rofl oh ya we teach them tricks/commands and I'm pretty sure they do the same. 😉 that's hilarious. Hats off to him.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Sally wow Nigel is such a clever cookie , lilly only get what she wants by looking really sad and when we ask "whats the matter chicken girl" she really plays on it ;-))

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a smarty pants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My sister has a Rat Terrior, and he pulls tricks like this. If he has done something he knows he was not suppose to do, my sister will yell at him. Yoder lifts his front leg and hops on the other 3 right to her. It is hilarious to watch.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Awwww, he is wicked smart. I'm glad his limp is gone too.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I recently had a boxer - Duke who was a great actor and had the leg limp down to an art. He would bugger up though coming to you limping on his right front paw and about 20 mins later comeback for more sympathy loving but limping on the other foot. Funny how they get our attention at times.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.