Please someone help

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
My husband and I are in search of a good home for our wonderful 5 year old female English bulldog. Her name is marley may and she is loving and sweet natured. She is very calm and easy going but is ready to play whenever you are. We have a two year old son who has grown up with her and she has always been wonderful with him and any other child. The only reason we are considering getting a new home for her is because we have another child on the way and my husband recently received a job that has him out of town 6 days a week. Being pregnant and handling a household on my own leaves me little time to give marley the love and attention she needs. She is in great health and is very much so housetrained. If you are interested please call me at the number listed or text me.
it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I couldn't remember how to just post the link so I copied the whole damn thing. Not even sure if that's allowed. Oops. Never thought of that. Just seen this and I can't believe it!

CommentsShow Original

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh what a sweet baby. I hope she finds a god home quickly. Anyone know members in Kansas????

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am and I tried to contact the owners. I don't know what the right words are to say. I don't know how to handle this kind of thing. Do I take her forever if given the chance? Lie and find a different home? What the hell?? I panicked when I seen the stupid ad. Is that even a real ad or a scam?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I am and I tried to contact the owners. I don't know what the right words are to say. I don't know how to handle this kind of thing. Do I take her forever if given the chance? Lie and find a different home? What the hell?? I panicked when I seen the stupid ad. Is that even a real ad or a scam?
If you are in a position to take her forever and she's a good match, that's great.
it always scares me when people post ads like that, people will take her for the wrong reasons. She deserves to be with a good loving family. If you can't take her maybe you can direct the family to this site so they will know she will be placed in a loving home

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Bulldozersma Very nice suggestion. I can never think straight when I panic. I am the same, ads like this always scare me. Then again, I shouldn't just assume these people are idiots. Maybe I should butt out.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Bulldozersma Very nice suggestion. I can never think straight when I panic. I am the same, ads like this always scare me. Then again, I shouldn't just assume these people are idiots. Maybe I should butt out.
Roseann you shouldn't butt out,you are doing the exact right thing. Look how Mia was saved!!! This group here is outstanding. Thank you for bringing this to the groups attention, you have most probably saved this baby.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't know who is from the area so I'm going to tag a few of the wonderful members and see if they know of anyone.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't know anyone in Kansas but it looks like that post is off Craigslist. I hope that baby finds a good home.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
If you are in a position to take her forever and she's a good match, that's great.
it always scares me when people post ads like that, people will take her for the wrong reasons. She deserves to be with a good loving family. If you can't take her maybe you can direct the family to this site so they will know she will be placed in a loving home

That's a great suggestion, are there any rescue groups in the area?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION]

No you did the right thing… it's always hard to tell if these posts are legit, or if it's a scam. With Mia I know the members contacted the local rescue to make sure she got vetted right away… and then they found her a wonderful home. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] did I get the facts correct on that?!! Lol

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I googled the ad text and up came a message stating "This posting has been deleted by its author. (The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)," so whether real or not, the ad does not seem to be on Craigslist anymore. As strange as I find it too that people post ads like this, not everyone may be aware of the possibility of receiving help from rescue groups, etc. Perhaps the best thing to do when there are posts like this on Craigslist and similar sites is to send contact info to a local shelter/resuce group?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.