Whats your biggest fear?

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
When it comes to your bulldog? I read all the horrible stories about people having their dogs stolen, and couldn't imagine how I would feel if this happened to me. Currently I live on pretty safe Air Force Base but in a couple years when I buy a home parts of me wants to buy a guard dog.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7173]tyree213[/MENTION] My biggest fear is what will happen to mine if/when I die. I may not out live them. As for the guard dog-good idea. I always had a fenced in yard, and this is the first time I don't have German Shepherds, Belgian Malinois, or Dobermans along with the others. But always had the "reputation" of having them-and never had to worry. They lived in the house but could spend more time outside than the Bullies can.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When it comes to your bulldog? I read all the horrible stories about people having their dogs stolen, and couldn't imagine how I would feel if this happened to me. Currently I live on pretty safe Air Force Base but in a couple years when I buy a home parts of me wants to buy a guard dog.

What air force base is in LA? I fear cancer the most. We had a French that we lost to cancer and its always in the back of my mind.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I think because I witnessed Rampage pass away, and was helpless to save him, that is my biggest fear. That I will lose Bocephus suddenly.

OP
tyree213

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Yeah cancer is a huge one in dogs period. Im on Ft. Macarthur..its not like Edwards but it does exist lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have several fears, tops being they will be stolen/dog-napped as I'm walking them. Sounds crazily extreme, but i imagine myself walking both down the street and a van coming up to us, someone overpowering me, and then taking the boys away. All stems from childhood i think. When i was around 7yo I was walking home from school by myself (we did things like that back in the 70's), a van pulled up to me, the back door opened with a bunch of "hippies" inside (that was my description to my mom), and told me my mom was in the hospital and they needed to take me to her. I ran like the wind!! I also had a beloved dog get loose from home when I was 9yo and never to be found. That was traumatic for me.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah cancer is a huge one in dogs period. Im on Ft. Macarthur..its not like Edwards but it does exist lol

Oh wow totally forgot about that. I remember going down there as a kid in elementary school by the Cabrillo Museum.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think my biggest fear besides them getting stolen is fire. I'm always afraid when we are not at home and there is a thunder storm around our area that the house will get struck by lightening and burn. That would just be awful if I were not home to protect them.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My biggest fear, is someone stealing my babies. They are so friendly and would go with anyone. I never leave them out of my sight, but it can happen in an eyeblink. My other fear is Dozer, he is so skittish around traffic, he gets so scared when the cars whizz by, so he tries to bolt across the street, he wants to get away from the cars, so he keeps pulling toward the road, I always have to make sure that I have a super right grip on his leash, I put the leash around my wrist, a d then wrap my hand around it. If he were ever to get me or someone walking him off guard and the leash would slip from my hand, he would bolt across the street and he would get hit by a car. I do also worry in then back of my mind about diseases or illnesses they can get, cancer, bloat, over heating, breathing difficulties, or ACL, but I don't dwell on those fears because even in ourselves, we don't have any guarantee that we won't go through life without an illness. I just try and give them the healthiest foods and treats, vet care, and preventative supplements to keep them healthy.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
My Biggest fear is something happening to my 4 legged babies. I worry about all of them. Elmo, I worry about him going outside in the summer, I watch him like a hawk, I go out with him to do his business and we are right back inside the house. I want to out live my babies, because no one would Love them like I do.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I have a lot of fears when it comes to Chumley. My biggest fear has always been him dying and how I'll handle it. Reading so many sad stories of people losing their bullies has me thinking way too much what it will be like when it eventually happens. I need to learn to enjoy the time I have with him and not be so obsessed with it.

My big fear #2 is that Casper will come back on EBN and start posting regularly again!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am with David. Next to being stolen I would have to go with fire as well.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have a lot of fears when it comes to Chumley. My biggest fear has always been him dying and how I'll handle it. Reading so many sad stories of people losing their bullies has me thinking way too much what it will be like when it eventually happens. I need to learn to enjoy the time I have with him and not be so obsessed with it.

My big fear [URL=http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] is that Casper will come back on EBN and start posting regularly again!

#2 is seriously killing me… Lol :rofl:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My biggest fear is if ANY of my dogs have to have surgery or be put under for any reason… this is a HORRIBLE one because of course at some point most dogs HAVE to go under for some reason or another. I'm afraid I will have to be sedated :fie: My other biggest concern is if anyone steals my dogs… they need to be afraid of what WE will do to them if/when we find them :guns:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online