Saturday morning

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Took Buster to his vet today because his one lymphoid is swollen again like last year and I am a freak and can't think straight if there's anything that's wrong with him. It's a bit farther down in his neck so I wanted to be sure. He got poked just like last year but the vet is positive that it has everything to do with his allergic reaction to Spring time and will call me by Tuesday..

While we were sitting in the room waiting for the tech I noticed Trifexis pamphlets which have never ever been there before. :mad: I put them in the trash, when Buster came out of the back lab and I went up to the counter to pay there was a woman who was prescribed Trifexis and she had just paid and had a little Rot/Sheppard mix puppy. I said out loud so everyone could hear you know that's poison to your dog and your dog will die. I couldn't hold my tongue after all of the crap we have read on here for years and after all of the studies I've researched about that stuff it would have been morally and ethically wrong for me not to speak up. The woman's face dropped and the 3 receptionists had this look of fright on their faces and my wife, I won't tell you what her face looked like. The puppy woman said nothing but just was looking at me and I told her, go home and read up on Trifexis it KILLS DOGS. Puppy woman asked the recept if I bring this back tomorrow will you refund me the money and the recept said yes, no problem and the woman walked out. I know Busters vet was not the one that prescribed it for her but I'm sure I'll hear from her either way. She's a great vet and saved his life when he was a baby and there's no way on earth I'm switching. Hope she doesn't scream at me. LOL

This was Buster after we returned home. The boy loves his ice cream!!!
unnamed_zpsc9da5dce.jpg

B

Baxter Tiberius

Don't feel bad.

Doctors need to be called out for their "selling out" to these companies. Even human doctors have a reputation for blindly supporting something because they get kickbacks on sales of it. They will downplay the risks, and reassure everyone of the safety profile. And its not totally their fault. They believe whatever they're told most of the time. Rarely does a doctor *EVER* go home and google like we do. This is why the patient is now smarter than the doctor many times. And that's a fact.

-B-

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I'm glad you spoke up there are so many people that don't and it ends up being sad ending. A lot of people don't do research before hand but if you have knowledge where someone else may not its good to say something. If she did know well at least ur happy knowing you did the right thing. Great job and Buster looks so happy.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, sweet Buster :heart:. The vet is probably correct with his assessment, Phil. Hopefully it's from the allergies and nothing more serious. Did the vet do some tests on him and that's why he's getting back to you on Tues? From the looks of him attacking the ice cream, he is feeling good otherwise, I hope!

Good for you for speaking up. I'm sure that lady is thanking you as she reads up on that poison.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, sweet Buster :heart:. The vet is probably correct with his assessment, Phil. Hopefully it's from the allergies and nothing more serious. Did the vet do some tests on him and that's why he's getting back to you on Tues? From the looks of him attacking the ice cream, he is feeling good otherwise, I hope!

Good for you for speaking up. I'm sure that lady is thanking you as she reads up on that poison.

Yes, she put that need that's the size of a hair into his neck and take a snippet and send it off to the lab and she'll call me by Tuesday, last year when this same thing happened she was right on about it be allergies. You know how nuts I am though and have to have everything right with him. :mellow:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, she put that need that's the size of a hair into his neck and take a snippet and send it off to the lab and she'll call me by Tuesday, last year when this same thing happened she was right on about it be allergies. You know how nuts I am though and have to have everything right with him. :mellow:

Yes, I do know. I am like that too, Phil. Any, and I mean ANY, little thing that is "off" with the boys creates this internal turmoil within me too...and I want things resolved, like NOW. But remember, the vet knows Buster's history and is an expert in the field. So, with that said, TRY to relax and know that everything will be a-o-kay. You have us to talk to too which helps tons as all of us here can relate!! :assurred:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] Buster will be fine, he is so :heart: and very smart, as ice cream is my favorite thing to eat!(and it shows on me...) YOU have definitely done your good deed for today and perhaps saved a little dog's life!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Phil, I'm so GLAD that you spoke up about it… GOOD FOR YOU!!! I think that's part of the problem, people just tend to believe and trust their vets opinions on these things. It's a damn shame that we have to research everything ourselves, but that's what it's turned into. You may have saved that puppy's life… :yes:

What happened to Buster before? Is his lymph node swollen? That sounds like what happened to Walter… the puppy strangles. Is this something different? Gosh I hope Buster feels better real soon...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully he will be fine and it's just his allergies. Good for you for throwing away the pamplets and speaking up, i just hope the other woman will do her homework and bring that poison back and get Sentinel.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Phil, I'm so GLAD that you spoke up about it… GOOD FOR YOU!!! I think that's part of the problem, people just tend to believe and trust their vets opinions on these things. It's a damn shame that we have to research everything ourselves, but that's what it's turned into. You may have saved that puppy's life… :yes:

What happened to Buster before? Is his lymph node swollen? That sounds like what happened to Walter… the puppy strangles. Is this something different? Gosh I hope Buster feels better real soon...

Its just allergies, this same thing happened last May. He's fine and is barking fiercely at his skateboard and the squirrels are yelling at him. :ROFL:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Phil, I'm sure Buster will be fine, and the vet is probably right in thinking its the same thing as last time, and just allergies, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad you spoke out, you just might save a dog or two from getting sick or dying, and letting people know how unsafe Trifexis is, if you save one person from heartache of losing their dog, or one dog from illness or death it's worth it.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well you did the right thing Phil maybe you have saved the woman's dog's life by speaking up.

:heart: that pic of Buster hidden in the ice cream carton

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad you spoke up, you probably have saved several lives that were in that day with you. I would do the same, Why don't they take this mess off the market. Crazy people must know it kills dogs.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Respect. Takes gutt to stand up for what you believe in and educate others in the process. You have certainly save the pup. Hats off Phil!

So very glad Buster is fine! He deserves more ice cream! Lol. Would love to see video of him skateboarding.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online