Why is my bulldog uninterested in her toys??

Iamteamnike

Jun 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Idk what it is but my girl Brooklyn is uninterested in any toys that I get her..does anyone know why she this way?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Some babies just aren't. Have you tried any that you can hide a treat in?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas use to like toys, now he only uses his stuffies to suckle and the only thing he "play's" with is his antlers. Which really isen't playing, more just chewing on them. I have bought balls and different items and he has zero interest.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Its hard to say. Mona didn't really care about toys until Leo came into the picture. Now they fight over duplicate toys! :w00t:

OP
I

Iamteamnike

Jun 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
She has multiple toys that she just doesn't play with & idek why so I got her a new toy the one where you stuff it with a treat or peanut butter (for dogs) & she isn't really interested in that either. Idk what's wrong. :(

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Does she play with you? Wrestle and roll around? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about the toys, she may just prefer interaction.

OP
I

Iamteamnike

Jun 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
No she doesn't do that either. She only gets excited & wants to play when there are other dogs around. I try & play with her but she'll just sit there & look at me (like what are you doing)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's how some bullys are. Maybe another bully might get her going?

OP
I

Iamteamnike

Jun 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Any type of dogs gets her excited & wanna play. It's just when I try & play with her she'll just sit there & not be interested.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
How old is she? How long have you had her?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this, my guys always want to play with toys , and they always want the same one. Maybe some bullies just don't play, or maybe she needs a sibling for a playmate.

OP
I

Iamteamnike

Jun 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
She is 11months now I got her when she was 9 months old & I believe she did have other siblings. So I understand why she gets excited about other dogs. It's just when I try & play with her I get no reaction. I'm constantly buying her different toys to see what she likes or wants to play with but she won't even play with them. I really don't know what's wrong, I love her to death I just wish she had more energy & wanted to play. I try though :(

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My Porkie will be 5 next month no toys interest her. She will look at it and sniff nothing more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
If she had other dogs to play with until she was 9 months old it could be that she doesn't know how to play alone. All she knows is playing with other dogs. You could just take her to the dog park or day camp often for play dates.

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
My girl doesn't play with toys either. She's a big chewer, and will gnaw on something all day. I've given her other things, but she thinks they're all chew toys. Stuffie? Chew. Squeaker? Chew. Ball? Chew. She will sometimes chase me in the yard. Her favorite game is for me to stand in one corner of the yard and she'll stand caty-cornered; when I give a signal--throw up my arms, slap on my knees), she'll come barreling down the yard to me at full-speed and no brakes. Who needs breaks when you can just slam into your person at full speed? She loves to do that and it gets her moving a bunch in the yard on days when we don't go for a longer walk.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online