Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I looked on the dog food ratings and the Diamond puppy food is rated at a 1 Star, so is not a very good food, you want to choose a food that is rated a 4 Star or better. Examples of these foods are Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Fromm's, GoNatural, Orijen, Artemis, and there are lots more. Go to the Home Page and on he right hand side there is a list of topics, click on Dog food and Nutrition. Then click on Dog food Ratings. The first ingredients in your dog food is chicken, chicken meal, and ground rice and chicken fat, there also are a lot of preservatives and chemicals listed, which are not good for any dog. His allergy symptoms are most likely caused by his food, and he would benefit from a food change, that is chicken, grain, potato, and preservative free ingredients. You want to do a slow transition over two weeks, so he doesn't get a upset tummy, and it can take up to a month before you see any changes or improvements in symptoms as it can take this long before the old food leaves his system.

This is the link to the Dog Food Ratings

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings&

OP
chevybulldog

chevybulldog

Jun 6, 2014
Hi, I looked on the dog food ratings and the Diamond puppy food is rated at a 1 Star, so is not a very good food, you want to choose a food that is rated a 4 Star or better. Examples of these foods are Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Fromm's, GoNatural, Orijen, Artemis, and there are lots more. Go to the Home Page and on he right hand side there is a list of topics, click on Dog food and Nutrition. Then click on Dog food Ratings. The first ingredients in your dog food is chicken, chicken meal, and ground rice and chicken fat, there also are a lot of preservatives and chemicals listed, which are not good for any dog. His allergy symptoms are most likely caused by his food, and he would benefit from a food change, that is chicken, grain, potato, and preservative free ingredients. You want to do a slow transition over two weeks, so he doesn't get a upset tummy, and it can take up to a month before you see any changes or improvements in symptoms as it can take this long before the old food leaves his system.

This is the link to the Dog Food Ratings

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings&

Ok thank you I'm goin with blue buffalo puppy or small breed ??

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is an excellent dog food brand, my brother has a Golden Lab, and he is 3 years old, and has been fed this food since he was a puppy. His coat is really shiny and soft, and he loves this food. There are many other members on here who feed this brand as well. Good luck, I hope he tolerates the Blue Buffalo, hopefully it's the fillers and preservatives in the Diamond food giving him the allergies, and not the chicken. It's really a trial and error process to find a food that they tolerate. Good luck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.