humping help ???

lindzpac

Jan 3, 2011
plano, texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Rooney
my bulldog is 11mths old and has been neutered for like 5 mths. Recently i moved into a new apt and he has started to hump people again! Its not all the time, but it seems when hes playing he will start to jump on the persons leg and start humping. Im just wondering why is he doing this? and any suggestions to try to break this behavior?:bully:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only suggestion I have for you is to continue to let him know the behavior is not appropriate. He is probably getting overly excited while in 'play' mode. My bullies will do this to me sometimes if they get real rambunctious. It is also a sign of wanting to be Alpha, so I would suggest any time you catch him doing it to roll him on his back until he submits and lays perfectly still, make sure you tell him No and use your command repeatedly.

Let us know if he gets better, I am sure you will get more suggestions from others.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I dont have much in the way of suggestions but my boy gets excited when new kids come over and they are playing. Something about that playing and all the adrenaline that goes with. He isnt so bad tho so I just tell him to stop and he usually does.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.