Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So angry I could spit!!!

How awful. I would have went nuts! Poor bully!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    @Bella'sMom unfortunatly I live in Indiana and we are nortoriously lacking when it comes to any sort of animal rights laws. They are still pretty much just property here =(. It is just unbelievable, I hope they really enjoyed that movie because I'm sure their dog did not enjoy freezing in the car. Jerks GRRRR. Hope the dog bites them then runs away!
    I too live in IN and sit on the Board of an English Bulldog Rescue. Maybe one day I will have the "pleasure" of meeting these "responsible" bully owners. I, without a doubt, would have said something. I know its uncomfortable for some people to do, but that bully doesnt have a voice of his own. Its a thousand wonders someone didnt steal him!!! Its all in the way you approach "most" people....sometimes you can teach them instead of lecture them. Dont get me wrong, I would have wanted to , but the other approach works a little better.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

OMG! I would not have been able to keep my big mouth shut! I wouldn't have gotten nasty, I would have just said, "Excuse, me. In all fairness to your poor frozen dog, I hope you plan to take him home and let him into the nice warm house and then YOU go spend 2 hours sitting in your cold car!"

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@Gertie'smom I would have loved too, however, I am usually sweet natured and passive , but I have a Horrible temper when I feel like someone is being mistreated who cannot defend themselves. My boyfriend reffers to it as a mother bear complex lol. I know from past instances with my son, who has aspergers, that these things don't end well for me or the other person involved. I chose to avoid a potential disorderly conduct charge and walked away, since at least at that time, the car was being turned and the dog owuld soon be warm. I know that you catch more flys with honey ,but you have to have the iq of a goldfish to not understand that it was wrong to do that in the first place , i'm not sure anything i said would have made a bit of difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads