Appetite change, is it normal.

Kerib22

Jun 1, 2014
Bud has been eating the same food for almost 2 years but now he barely touches the food and I feed him twice a day half a cup. Does anyone know why is appetite has changed he used to lick the bottom of his bowl.
eby3ezy8.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I had this happen with my ridgebacks in the past. For them they were bored of eating the same thing for so long. Have you tried toppers on his food like yogurt or green beans? However, on the flip side there could be a medical reason as to why he isn't eating as well. Is he drinking as he normally would? Is he doing his business as normal or is it less frequent and is his poo runny now? Have there been any changes in your environment?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a hnadsome face..... LOVE his ears too!

Same questions as Todd... any other changes... drinking, potty, behavior? If no, then try adding the items that Todd mentioned (green beans, yoguart)

OP
Kerib22

Kerib22

Jun 1, 2014
Everything is normal. I think I may try chicken broth.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
My Momo (who's 6) will pass on eating a meal because of the weather. Is it hot where you are this time of year? We have central air but I've noticed in the summer sometimes she just won't eat either breakfast or dinner.

OP
Kerib22

Kerib22

Jun 1, 2014
Yes it's a little warm here it's not even summer yet but it's about 85 but I leave the air on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.