4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
So yesterday I go to the pet store to freshen up the truck load of toys Dooley scatters throughout my house. I spent around $60 and he got some new squeak toys along with a huge stuffed bug. So for 10 minutes hes running around like a rabid wild banshee with his new toys smearing equal amounts of bulldog slobbers on them. He cracks me up watching him play with his new toys. He gets so excited. Anyway I step out to go to the mailbox and to bring the trash cans back in from the street and I walk in to see this.
IMG_3096.jpgIMG_3097.jpg
Yep, you guessed correctly, its a run of the mill bath towel. :facepalm2: I just bought him 4 damn toys and he wants a towel!!!! :wallbang:

But man do I love this little guy. If only KONG made a $60 towel, he may play with it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ha!ha! That's like at Christmas-you buy a little kid an expensive toy, and they play with the box!!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
they are funny aren't they - I bought Nigel who loves stuffed toys the bulldog from Rio and he likes it but his true baby for the time being is his old worn torn M&M stuffy. lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Too funny. Harlea is the same. She has a million toys and would prefer a plain old towel to play with.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Figures Chance has a lot of toys and his faves are an empty pop bottle and a plastic milk carton he hates towels

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. Dooley is so cute, and lime others have said, they all do this, just like kids, they would rather play with the wrapping paper, the box, or the pots and the pans in the cupboard, and the new toys are cast aside. My guys love empty plastic water bottles, it's their absolute favourite toy. I take the paper off, the lid and the plastic ring off the neck, and they destroy it in less than 5 minutes. My guys would probably love a towel as well, but they would like it because it would be something to eat. I'm sure Dozer would swallow that towel. Lol. They are such silly bullies.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Lol that's it right there same with skin babies they would rather play with box

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
He's so gorgeous!!! My Bodie LOVES his toys, esp new ones, but his new fave is the empty papertowel roll!!! He'll get it in his mouth and run...then he cowers over it like he's a mama bear protecting its baby!! Thank goodness he doesn't eat it! He'll just tear it to shreds, then he spits out the pieces and moves on to the next piece of it until he's chewed up and spit out the whole thing! But even then, we have to trick him/get his attention onto something else to be able to pick it all up and throw it away!!!
I really do wish I could read his mind! Or at least have the collar from the movie "UP"!!! "SQUIRREL"!!!

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Oh I would not have it any other way. It makes them who they are. I just wasn't expecting to walk in 3 minutes later and see the towel which he drug out the basket in the bathroom, across the house to the living room so soon after buying him some new taste plastic chew toys. Oh well.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
What a cutie. My Bocephus has a ton of toys too, his favorite is a nasty "unstuffed" toy that has been chewed and drooled on that it's crunchy - he flings that wet thing everywhere. He can even scoop it up into his cone and chew on it right now. I hate touching it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: typical toddle, they want the Tupperware bowls instead of the Little Tikes house you bought them!

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
***UPDATE***

So this morning I fix myself a cup of coffee like I do every morning while I'm thumbing threw EBN to see whats new and Dooley comes racing out from the back bedroom with jowls full of towel. So I let him go since he is quite entertaining when he is up to no good. After several minutes of playing with the towel he tuckers himself out and I guess its time for a quick power nap.

IMG_3109.jpgIMG_3110.jpgIMG_3111.jpg

I can see that owning a Bulldog will never get old. And seriously, why did I buy him toys again......?

- - - Updated - - -

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.