Kevin is at the vet having his Histiocytoma removed..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They normally go away in 2-3 months...

We had it removed for 2 reasons:
1) Once Kevin started scratching at it, things got a bit bloody (we'd wake up and his entire side would be covered in blood). Other then hogtying him we couldn't get him to stop kicking it with his back leg (for a chubby little guy he's very limber). The Histiocytoma didn't bother him.. it was the scab/sores that he caused once he made it start bleeding.
2) Having the vet remove it we could send it off for a biopsy... just to be safe.

Since it was a very quick procedure, relatively inexpensive (~$100), and would reduce the 'healing time' from months to weeks.. slicing it off seemed the best option.

If it was in any other spot, or he had not started scratching at it we would have let it heal on its own :(

Sounds like he needed it removed for sure! You made the right choice. Thanks for responding, hoping it can help others in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope Kevin is doing well today-poor little skinny thing!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww so glad to be reading this update, and that Kevin's surgery went well and he's on the road to recovery. It was a good decision to do the surgery, and having the biopsy done will give you peace of mind. I'm sure he'll be healed up soon and back to himself. Feel better Buddy, and tell Dad to share his side of the bed. Lol. Don't ,et him be a bed hog.

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Awww love the pictures hope he get all better soon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online