Sores on the back

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
I got Diesel back in February from a lady who didn't want him due to asthma. When I got him his coat was really nice. She was feeding him eukanuba high maintenance. I switched him to the dog food what I feed my other two dogs ( one bully and one boxer) which is 4health grain free pork and sweet potato. I started adding now coconut oil to their food once a day. Few weeks after I got him he got his tail removed so they shaved his lower back. Now that the hair finally came in and I washed him yesterday really good I found those spots!!! Is it from food? Or is it yeast? Staph infection?
What can I do???
e6e2usu6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm doesn't look like yeast to me… looks like an allergic reaction to something. Could be the shampoo that you used yesterday?!! Any other changes recently… washing powder? Does it seem itchy to him?

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
When his hair was growing back I saw few spots but thought I will let the hair to grow as maybe it was from shaving. He had the spots there . They were dry and scalpy looking but now I gave him a good bath and they are sores. I have a medicated shampoo from the vet for him and I was giving him a bath in that because of the spots. I just talked to the old owner and she said that he never had that before so I wonder if it's food?? But he just got those few weeks ago and I have him on that food since march. It doesn't seams to itch him however he is chewing on his paws here and there so I started him on Benadryl few days ago

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would switch up the food and see if they go away. It's allergy season so the Bendryl should help him out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be staph, but keep in mind staph is due to a weak immune system, which is a result of allergies (like that circle)..... Try changing up the protein in his food and see it it helps.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
I bought duck and potato but not one of my dog licked it. I guess I can buy whitefish and potato and see if this go away? I have an apt for Saturday with my cat so I will just take him with me. Also since probably two or three weeks his breath gotten a lot worse. Plan is to get him finally neutered and while he is under to get his teeth cleaned. But we need to put some money away first since our funds got low with his rail surgery, my cats collapsed lounge and then my other bullies crazy episode where she was at the vet with fever with Ivs for few days. But I am wondering if the bad breath has something to do with his sores on his back

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I bought duck and potato but not one of my dog licked it. I guess I can buy whitefish and potato and see if this go away? I have an apt for Saturday with my cat so I will just take him with me. Also since probably two or three weeks his breath gotten a lot worse. Plan is to get him finally neutered and while he is under to get his teeth cleaned. But we need to put some money away first since our funds got low with his rail surgery, my cats collapsed lounge and then my other bullies crazy episode where she was at the vet with fever with Ivs for few days. But I am wondering if the bad breath has something to do with his sores on his back

Breath issue can also be due to the food or allergies....Banks ' breath is really bad when her allergies are in high gear

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Oh yeah? Interesting!!! Ok I am going get the whitefish food and go from there. And Saturday I take him to the vet. If the food helps, how long till I get to see the improvement?

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Also excuse my typing. I am on the phone and I tend to not check my autocorrect!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh yeah? Interesting!!! Ok I am going get the whitefish food and go from there. And Saturday I take him to the vet. If the food helps, how long till I get to see the improvement?

It can take up to 3 weeks to see a difference. I'd go with a grain free food if I were you, he may be allergic to the grains too.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Yes the dog food what I get is grain free. I switched him to that after his surgery which was in march. It's beef and potato what he is eating right now.

gabrielsbulldogs

Oct 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oX,RIP Monroe, and Tonka
It's the food in my opinion

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.