Is he an English Bulldog?

Nythos

Jun 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Hey everyone, I was thinking about adopting this dog from a nearby shelter. I just want to know if he actually is an English Bulldog. I've noticed he has less wrinkles and seems to be slimmer, it also looks like he doesn't have a large under-bite. I'm pretty sure he has a few mixes of other breeds and that shouldn't be too much of an issue. But if anyone has an idea of what those could be that would be great. I'm a little concerned that he may get larger than an English Bulldog would. I went ahead and called and they told me he was almost a year old. Below are the pictures they had provided. Thank you :D

075fdc81c3b465e8b180850fd08c7d02.jpgdownload (1).jpgdownload (2).jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks English to me.... probably Ole English Bulldog, which would be a little taller, less wrinkles, and les health issues.

he sure is a cutie!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good looking dog. I think it's a cross between an English and an American.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh I'm not an expert, but he looks like an EB to me!!! That first shot in the face is a little deceiving, but his body looks JUST like a bully!!! I will tag some people to help you out...

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I'm no expert either but he looks like a smaller English to me. Could be OEB, hard to tell when they are so young.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
He looks young. So his looks will change alot. But he looks EB to me :) Very cute too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree with Phil, he looks like whats called a Victorian Bulldog. This is a mix of American bulldog and an English Bulldog. I have one and he is the sweetest most loving baby ever. He weighs a healthy 62lbs and isn't too tall. I am at work so I will post a pic later but, actually if you look at my picture Frankie the Victorian is the one that looks like a Panda. They are fantastic dogs. All bully personality.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I also think he looks English Bulldog, he is underweight and it is amazing how much a little weight will change his whole appearance. Also with his age he has a lot of growing to do! Since he doesn't have a nose wrinkle it may look like he has more of a snout, but I am still thinking EB.
[MENTION=2565]malaviKat[/MENTION] well said :yes:

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
He looks like an English to me. I agree he looks underweight but once he gains some weight he will look different!!

OP
N

Nythos

Jun 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Sorry I haven't been replying to any of you! I had some chores. I will look more into adopting him. Thanks to all :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
looking at his heat and snoot, he is Olde English. They do make good companions and usually don't have as many problems as some English do, plus they get about 80 to 100 lbs.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I'm going olde English or English x as well but who the heck cares!!!! He's adorabull. If he ia right for your family adopt him!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Ya I agree with everyone is saying Olde english. He is so darn cute I would go for it.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.