My bulldog lives like a cactus ...

ooichewwah

Jun 2, 2014
Country
Malaysia
Bulldog(s) Names
Monroe
Yes ,she seldom drinks water , as though she needs no water at all ,the water level in the bowl is always there ,but no sign of dehydration . I m so worry but she lives healthy and active like a school drop outs .I feed her with kibbles soak in plain water ,probably that makes her a cactus .:blush2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my guys do drink water during the day, we have a pet water cooler with a filter in it, that they have all day access to, but they don't always seem to me like they drink enough water, so I also add water to their kibble when I feed them, it makes me feel better that they are at least getting some extra water in. I started doing this when they were puppies, because I was thinking that it would make the kibble a little softer when they were little and had the tiny puppy teeth, also my Dozer has a genetic defect in his jaw, the lower jaw grew much longer than it should be, which caused his top and bottom teeth not to meet together, and he is also missing some lower molars in the back, so he eats much slower and has to chew slower than his sister. The water helps to keep his food softer for him, and they both like it because it makes a kind of gravy in the kibble. They are both 2 years old now, and I still continue to add water to their meals

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She may be getting her water needs from the water with her kibble, but I'm sure that's not enough. Maybe try filtered water, or make a small bowl of water with a little beef or chicken stock. In the winter it seems like my bullies barely drink anything so I give them ice cubes. They love them in the summer or winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Interesting.... try as Lisa suggested, give her some with a little broth in it, see if it makes a differnece.

ruckiesMOMMY

May 24, 2014
My puppy is picky, he sometimes brings food in his lips into the water which makes it dirty, and ive noticed that he wont drink it like that! Not advice, just funny :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Now when summer has come, we have an extra water bowl on the balcony and Castor drinks more often there than from his bowl in the kitchen. So perhaps try a new place, possibly outdoors?

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
have you also tried giving her ice cubes? maybe that would help too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's good you are putting water in her kibble and try like the others have said, and try to find something she likes to add to her water to encourage her to drink more.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.