Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't know the situation with this dog- but I hope this is not his problem-this is worst case scenerio cause of large nipples .Sertoli cell tumors show symptoms of swelling of the testicular and scrotal area. If the dog is cryptorchid, the swelling will occur in the inguinal or abdominal area depending on the location of the testicle. Up to 50% of the Sertoli cell tumors will produce estrogen and the dog will have symptoms of hyperestrogenism. These include an enlarged prostate gland, enlarged mammary glands and nipples, symmetrical hair loss, anemia, and the tendency to attract other male dogs. Sertoli cell tumors may metastasize to the abdomen, lungs, thymus, and brain, however, this occurs in less than 15% of the cases. I am praying that THIS is NOT the case.:pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok will do with the harness suggestion. So I'll do some reading on how to take care of his skin problems and some weightloss info.
If anyone has any further advice I greatly welcome it.
as for that nipple thing.. has anyone else seen this on a male EB? They look like a females whose been bred haha

Nipple could be a real health issue, but it could also be from being over weight.... where are you located, we cna see if there is a reputable Bulldog vet in your area that you can take him to for an exam?

OP
T

tlvincent

Jun 1, 2014
Rhode Island
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
I don't know the situation with this dog- but I hope this is not his problem-this is worst case scenerio cause of large nipples .Sertoli cell tumors show symptoms of swelling of the testicular and scrotal area. If the dog is cryptorchid, the swelling will occur in the inguinal or abdominal area depending on the location of the testicle. Up to 50% of the Sertoli cell tumors will produce estrogen and the dog will have symptoms of hyperestrogenism. These include an enlarged prostate gland, enlarged mammary glands and nipples, symmetrical hair loss, anemia, and the tendency to attract other male dogs. Sertoli cell tumors may metastasize to the abdomen, lungs, thymus, and brain, however, this occurs in less than 15% of the cases. I am praying that THIS is NOT the case.:pray:

Well hes been neutered. .. hmm

- - - Updated - - -

Nipple could be a real health issue, but it could also be from being over weight.... where are you located, we cna see if there is a reputable Bulldog vet in your area that you can take him to for an exam?

Rhode Island

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I adopted a 4-6 year-old girl who has had a lot of health problems. His sluggishness could be due to weight, breathing problems, medications, so many things! It is hard on their joints when these dogs are overweight, making it uncomfortable for them to move. I think you have gotten some great advice from others on here. I really think a thorough exam by a vet is in order.

OP
T

tlvincent

Jun 1, 2014
Rhode Island
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
This dude has a new home :D

he wont eat the fromm grain free pork and peas :mellow: maybe tomorrow lol

Here's those bumps, and his huge nips lol sorry for the crotch shot but thats where the bumps are lol

20140603_202730.jpg20140603_211326.jpg

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
So glad you've given him a new home!!!! Next step would be to get him in to a vet that knows bulldogs well. Get him checked out

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

Here's those bumps, and his huge nips lol sorry for the crotch shot but thats where the bumps are lol

View attachment 72277View attachment 72278

:up: This news makes me so very happy! for you and for your new bully. Thank you for bringing him into your life. What a handsome little guy he is. I will be thinking of him on Thurs when he goes to the vet and hoping that the "bumps" are not serious. Maybe you can add just a little bit of water to the dry kibble and he may want to eat it then. Please give your bully a big hug from us!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

View attachment 72277View attachment 72278

CONGRATS to you both.... sweet boy now has a lovng new home!! Please keep us posted after the vet apointment.... sneding lots of positive thoughts and prayers all goes well!

Also, add a tablespoon of plain yoguart to the food, he may like that. keep in mind, he needs time to settle in to the new surroundings and not eating a few meals is somewhat normal.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
He is so handsome! Thank you for giving him a chance to have a life he deserves. 😊 Good luck at the vet! Please keep us updated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

tlvincent

Jun 1, 2014
Rhode Island
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
So its been 2 weeks since he has come to live with me, we had a follow up at the vet and he has lost 5lbs! He had an eye infection and I have been fighting the war on yeast. But the vet said that he looks the best they have ever seen him. I had a urinalysis done and he has a bad urinary tract infection with blood and crystals in it... picking up the antibiotics for that today. Over all it has been going good except his couple accidents in the house which now that we know about UTI he has an excuse... lol

So Z is getting settled :)

apy4yha6.jpg
vu9umyna.jpg
9apu6e4e.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So its been 2 weeks since he has come to live with me, we had a follow up at the vet and he has lost 5lbs! He had an eye infection and I have been fighting the war on yeast. But the vet said that he looks the best they have ever seen him. I had a urinalysis done and he has a bad urinary tract infection with blood and crystals in it... picking up the antibiotics for that today. Over all it has been going good except his couple accidents in the house which now that we know about UTI he has an excuse... lol

So Z is getting settled :)

apy4yha6.jpg
vu9umyna.jpg
9apu6e4e.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

great update! he is one handsome and lucky boy to have a new loving home!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.