"ITS NOT A TOOMAH!".. well, technically it is :(

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
3slg8c.jpg

The worst part of hearing the vet say the lump on Kevin's side could be 3 things, and 2 of those are cancer, is waiting the 10 minutes for the test to come back.

kevin-vet.jpg

Luckily, its just a Histiocytoma (benign skin tumor)... WHEW!!!!!

Due to its position by his front left leg/armpit, its size, and how irritated it is we decided to have it removed next tuesday. That also lets us have it sent off to be double checked for anything worse. The vet is 99.9% sure its not, but i'd rather pay the $100 extra for the test to be safe).

Kevin, however, doesn't even notice the lump :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh the worry!!!!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Thank god, da Kevinator is alright...just don't think I could take it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: wow, that is scary! So glad it is nothing serious and sending prayers it stays that way!

he is one VERY handsome bully boy :luv:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgAww that's great news, I'm glad Kevin is okay, and it must be such a relief to know the growth is benign. I love good news. Sending love, hugs and prayers that his surgery goes well. Keep us posted on his surgery. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive thoughts as well.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Awww feel better soon Kevin!!!! 😘😘😘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy it is not worse than it is and hoping the test comes back negative.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank G!!!! I know how scary that can be. You're blessed. :up:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy for you and Kevin! Glad it is not serious.:D

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Yeah!!!! Kevin is such a sweet looking boy. Hope all the tests come back negative

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG this scared the beejesus out of me!!! NOT BABY KEVIN… :( Thank GOD it's not serious, and we will be saying prayers for that baby on Tues. Please keep us posted!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank god it isn't bad news. I will keep Kevin in my prayers until it is removed and confirmed good news.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Thanks everybody..

Kevin's vet used to work at the 'Colorado State University Veterinary School Cancer Center'.. and he'll talk your ear off telling you how lucky we are to have him around.. This time i didn't roll my eyes when he was bragging :D. so i'm fairly sure its just a normal Histiocytoma. But he did freak-me-the-he11s-out!

It sounds like Histiocytomas are common on Bulldogs, Terriers, Boxers, etc. The mostly occur on younger dogs and normally go away on their own in 2-3 months. I'm only having it removed surgically because 1) i never trust DR's so i want a 2nd opinion... and 2) its starting to irritate Kevin now that he knows its there. He's starting to scratch at it and well.. i'm not good with blood.. and i'm secure in my manhood enough to use the word... 'icky'.

If there was any chance he'd be in danger from a
nesthesia i'd let it just go away on his own. He'll probably complain more about getting his nails trimmed then the growth sliced off.

I do need to go out and buy him some 'belly shirts' to cover up his stitches.. I'll post pictures, but i imagine he'll look something like this:
024.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everybody..

Kevin's vet used to work at the 'Colorado State University Veterinary School Cancer Center'.. and he'll talk your ear off telling you how lucky we are to have him around.. This time i didn't roll my eyes when he was bragging :D. so i'm fairly sure its just a normal Histiocytoma. But he did freak-me-the-he11s-out!

It sounds like Histiocytomas are common on Bulldogs, Terriers, Boxers, etc. The mostly occur on younger dogs and normally go away on their own in 2-3 months. I'm only having it removed surgically because 1) i never trust DR's so i want a 2nd opinion... and 2) its starting to irritate Kevin now that he knows its there. He's starting to scratch at it and well.. i'm not good with blood.. and i'm secure in my manhood enough to use the word... 'icky'.

If there was any chance he'd be in danger from a
nesthesia i'd let it just go away on his own. He'll probably complain more about getting his nails trimmed then the growth sliced off.

I do need to go out and buy him some 'belly shirts' to cover up his stitches.. I'll post pictures, but i imagine he'll look something like this:
024.jpg

That at picture is hysterically adorable!! Good call on the remove, best to be safe..... I knew nothing of these little buggers until I came to EBN.... Learn so much here

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.