Thread: "ITS NOT A TOOMAH!".. well, technically it is :(

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "ITS NOT A TOOMAH!".. well, technically it is :(

Thanks everybody..

Kevin's vet used to work at the 'Colorado State University Veterinary School Cancer Center'.. and he'll talk your ear off telling you how lucky we are to have him around.. This time i didn't roll my eyes when he was bragging . so i'm fairly sure its just a normal Histiocytoma. But he did freak-me-the-he11s-out!

It sounds like Histiocytomas are common on Bulldogs, Terriers, Boxers, etc. The mostly occur on younger dogs and normally go away on their own in 2-3 months. I'm only having it removed surgically because 1) i never trust DR's so i want a 2nd opinion... and 2) its starting to irritate Kevin now that he knows its there. He's starting to scratch at it and well.. i'm not good with blood.. and i'm secure in my manhood enough to use the word... 'icky'.

If there was any chance he'd be in danger from a
    nesthesia i'd let it just go away on his own. He'll probably complain more about getting his nails trimmed then the growth sliced off.

I do need to go out and buy him some 'belly shirts' to cover up his stitches.. I'll post pictures, but i imagine he'll look something like this:

Bully Bootie Duty BuddercupKelly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

So glad to hear it's not too serious.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    Thanks everybody..

Kevin's vet used to work at the 'Colorado State University Veterinary School Cancer Center'.. and he'll talk your ear off telling you how lucky we are to have him around.. This time i didn't roll my eyes when he was bragging . so i'm fairly sure its just a normal Histiocytoma. But he did freak-me-the-he11s-out!

It sounds like Histiocytomas are common on Bulldogs, Terriers, Boxers, etc. The mostly occur on younger dogs and normally go away on their own in 2-3 months. I'm only having it removed surgically because 1) i never trust DR's so i want a 2nd opinion... and 2) its starting to irritate Kevin now that he knows its there. He's starting to scratch at it and well.. i'm not good with blood.. and i'm secure in my manhood enough to use the word... 'icky'.

If there was any chance he'd be in danger from a
    nesthesia i'd let it just go away on his own. He'll probably complain more about getting his nails trimmed then the growth sliced off.

I do need to go out and buy him some 'belly shirts' to cover up his stitches.. I'll post pictures, but i imagine he'll look something like this:

That at picture is hysterically adorable!! Good call on the remove, best to be safe..... I knew nothing of these little buggers until I came to EBN.... Learn so much here
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Man it is always something going on, glad to hear Kevin will be alright and hope he feels ok after the removal of that lump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads