Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:bigeyes::yikes:Hi, I was wondering if anybody has seen this before in their bullies. After Bulldozer has played hard or rough with Blossom, or after he's been on a longer walk, the whites if his eyes are often red in colour, and then after he's been home for a while and has rested they go back to a normal colour. Is this caused by exercise, or could it be allergies. Blossom has never had this happen to her. Has anyone else seen this in their bullies eyes?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. We see it all the time with Harlea when she gets super excited or has been playing real hard. We talked to our vet about it and they said it was normal as long as it went away after a period of rest so we don't worry too much about it. However, it also helps give us an additional indicator that it is time to settle down.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks Todd, I've seen it a few times, but it always goes away right after we get back home, and he's rested for a little while. I was thinking that it was caused by exercise, but wasn't sure, I know it isn't from being out in the heat, because we don't allow them to walk outside when it's hot, then we only go out in the early morning, or in the evenings. Today was a nice cool day, and when we got home, his eyes were all blood shot red, and then it went away. He had been playing with Blossom at the park, and then walked home. I'm glad it's normal and nothing to worry about.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, totally normal.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]...Chubby gets red eyes when he is tired...When he wakes up they are back to white♡

Chubby♡

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed --- it is normal. Happens with Banks a lot especially because of her allergies

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Bifi has that too! spared me from asking the great people here lol. Thanks! :)

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
Thanks for asking and for the replies! Patton gets this when I pick him up from doggy daycare after work, I assumed it was because he's outside and it was his allergies. (Allergies are absolutely terrible in CT right now). Glad to know he at least has one thing about his that is normal!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.