Interactive toys?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Since Frank has been recovering from his hospital stay and then a torn ACL on top of that, we have been trying to keep him from playing, jumping, etc. However, it is very difficult and he gets bored and frustrated. Does anyone have suggestions for some more interactive toys that we could get for him to keep him more occupied? Right now he has just a large assortment of various bones to chew. He usually destroys stuffies but if I am playing with him, I can mostly deter that.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Biogirl71 Buster has about 6 different types of these puzzles, 81Hot1V-qjL._SL1500_.jpg you hide the toys inside and he works at getting them out Amazon has a whole bunch of great puzzles, search "dog puzzles for large dogs". Its really good to hear Frankie is healing. :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
it IS! so much fun, him and I play for hours. I like to put the little pigs into the tree and the little squirrels into the farm, he tells me that's not right! :ROFL:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
hat about a kong toy filled with peanut butter or treats?? That should keep him in one spot for a bit.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
frozen marrow bones will keep him occupied too

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
@Biogirl71 Buster has about 6 different types of these puzzles,View attachment 71713 you hide the toys inside and he works at getting them out Amazon has a whole bunch of great puzzles, search "dog puzzles for large dogs". Its really good to hear Frankie is healing. :)
These look great!!!! I'm ordering right now for when my baby is in recovery mode for the next couple weeks.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
it IS! so much fun, him and I play for hours. I like to put the little pigs into the tree and the little squirrels into the farm, he tells me that's not right! :ROFL:

The boys received the squirrel one for their b-day recently. Tate was so scared when I'd pop the squirrel out one of the holes and whenver i said "Mr.Squirrel", Finn would run to the window and start barking! crazy kids. They are cute toys though!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The boys received the squirrel one for their b-day recently. Tate was so scared when I'd pop the squirrel out one of the holes and whenver i said "Mr.Squirrel", Finn would run to the window and start barking! crazy kids. They are cute toys though!

hahahaha!! I can so picture that! They're so funny!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Once I was at a garage sale and found a wooden puzzle toy for the boys; you can hide treats inside the various slots and the idea is for them to open each slot. They had fun with it and it was quite challenging. Only problem was that they loved chewing it more than playing with it! so i had to toss the thing out.
Here's what it looks like and it's called Ethical Pet Spot® Sneak A Treat™ Shuffle Bone™ Pet Toy IQ Puzzlepuzzle.jpg

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Once I was at a garage sale and found a wooden puzzle toy for the boys; you can hide treats inside the various slots and the idea is for them to open each slot. They had fun with it and it was quite challenging. Only problem was that they loved chewing it more than playing with it! so i had to toss the thing out.
Here's what it looks like and it's called Ethical Pet Spot® Sneak A Treat™ Shuffle Bone™ Pet Toy IQ PuzzleView attachment 71720

I saw that on Amazon and am debating on getting it. That was my one worry - that Frank would end up chewing it more than solving it! I still might try it though if it is challenging. He is pretty food driven and if he knows there is treats involved, he gets very smart all of a sudden! :lol: We had the Kong Wobble and he figured out to unscrew the top using his teeth and paws and could get all the treats in under a minute.

That is hilarious about Tate and Finn and the squirrel hut. I can just picture the scene!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Erin, if you think that Frank may chew on the wood then I'd probably not get it for him. The thing is, I found this "wood" to be rather soft and it got a little "mushy". I was lucky in that I only spent $1.00 on it and it was not even used! but i think it costs well over $10 at the stores. Still, it is a fun concept for our bullies to have to "find" that treat and I would like to find another game similar to it, just something more durable and chew resistant. [MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION]

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
These are awesome my baby loves her kong.., so I'm hoping she will love these. She is going through shark phase and anything to keep her busy while I wait for her to be up on all her shots I think these would keep her mind off our skin.lol

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online