How does your bully chow down

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
was curious if anyone else free feeds their bully?

Bentley does- he only eats when we are home and he eats till he has had enough

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 148

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
At times I wish I could free feed but if I did right now she wouldn't stop until the bag was gone so she eats twice a day.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Oh my gosh, what a cutie!! I schedule feed Tucker, he's an emotional eater, so he'd eat ALL day long.. Being happy, sad or anxious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I could never free feed my guys, they are so food motivated, especially Blossom, she goes absolutely mental when she hears the food bag, or sees me with her bowl. She even has the same reaction when she hears the cereal bag when we eat breakfast in the morning. Lol. My guys inhale their food, and then go after the cat food, and Blossom learned how to open the dog food bin with her nose, and she will open it and dive in head first and both paws, and start choking down on the food, if I didn't stop her, she would probably eat her way to the bottom, until she blew up. We schedule feed both of them, they eat 1 cup of kibble in the morning at around 6 or 6:30 am, and another cup in the evening at around 6:00 pm.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am able to free feed Arnold but he does expect food in his bowl at all times. He acts like he has lived through a depression, lol. He bangs on it until we put food in it and then walks away. Bertha, on the other hand, has to be closely monitored since she is food driven. She is 49 pounds tank of a girl so the last thing is for her to gain weight, lol

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
I free fed Fatso the first year we had him but after Romeo came we started schedule feeding because we have always had to monitor how much Romeo eats

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I am able to free feed Arnold but he does expect food in his bowl at all times. He acts like he has lived through a depression, lol. He bangs on it until we put food in it and then walks away.

Bentley does this too! If either his water bowl is empty or his food to where he sees some silver he bangs on it and we put food in there and he will be on his merry way. I know he "shuts down" if no one is home ( my husband and I attached a go pro to him one day to see what he does all day.... He sleeps lol just moves from one spot to another to sleep- I just I would too if I had 4 beds lol)

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Daisy is so food motivated she would eat until she explodes. Roscoe was free fed in his past life. We are slowly training him to eat at scheduled times. And hurry up or Daisy is going to get it.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley is a doll!! If we free fed Buster he would pop like a balloon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bentley is a handsome handsome boy! love that picture..... yeah, Banks would eat till she dropped and then start again... could never free feed her

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.