Gel shoes for dogs?

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I am watching the tv show Doctors. There's a Vet with a bulldog on and he has made gel shoes for her. He claims they help with easing hip displasia. Thoughts on orthopedic shoes for dogs??

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would need a visit at the vet for the obstruction Brutus would have from eating his shoes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:blink: .... I guess anyhting is possible but not sure I could get Babks to keep them on

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
In theory I think they are great but not sure if they would be safe. I think you will definitely have to have your bully used to shoes as a small pup so they won't bother them. I can see a nosey, fussy bully eating the shoe and ending up in the emergency room.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Ya as much as they chew I would think theses would be way up on the list of bothersome things to chew up. Chihuahua don't even like shoes. Lol

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, mine would eat them. :)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
This made me laugh remembering when I first got Bulldozer and decided to buy him dog snow boots - they keep the ice and snow from getting in between the pads. We lived Maine at the time so you can imagine - it was cold as ...... Well I ordered some and got them in, all excited that he'd be able to run and play a little more in the snow and ice. NOPE - I would strap them on him and he would drop like a rock, feet up in the air and just make his chewbacca noises until I took them off. Sometimes he would just freeze on his back with his feet in the air. I tried once to bribe him into walking and he did the funniest "march" ever - lifting his feet as far off the ground as he could. "Goose stepping" over to the treat before flopping on his back again and assuming the dead deer stance. I still have the shoes - but never got him to agree to wear them and actually be a dog.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
This made me laugh remembering when I first got Bulldozer and decided to buy him dog snow boots - they keep the ice and snow from getting in between the pads. We lived Maine at the time so you can imagine - it was cold as ...... Well I ordered some and got them in, all excited that he'd be able to run and play a little more in the snow and ice. NOPE - I would strap them on him and he would drop like a rock, feet up in the air and just make his chewbacca noises until I took them off. Sometimes he would just freeze on his back with his feet in the air. I tried once to bribe him into walking and he did the funniest "march" ever - lifting his feet as far off the ground as he could. "Goose stepping" over to the treat before flopping on his back again and assuming the dead deer stance. I still have the shoes - but never got him to agree to wear them and actually be a dog.

Perfect description! I am ROFL imagining it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.