Planning a vacation from your bully? Not by choice..

Bullymommy62

May 25, 2014
Austin, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fat Louie
I was just wondering we will be flying home to visit family in Ny and I can't bring my animals so I usually have my neighbor come over and care for them. They have watched Fat Louie before when he was 4 months old for a week. And I left her the first time "crazy bulldog lady directions". How should I plan my directions for her this time due to him having allergies to environment, certain foods and temperatures in Texas being the surface of hell during the summer? Maybe have her come over a couple times to show her how to do stuff? Like tail pocket, feet, wrinkles or is that over kill? Sorry I'm so anal when it comes to being organized with Fat Louie. Meanwhile my hubby's rottie, I'm like feed, play, water, and love. Stressing out and it's way early before vacation! :wallbang:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would have her come over like you said a couple of times like you said. I love Rotts too. :yes:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I know what you mean..I have to go away for a weekend in June with the family and I don't trust anyone to care for Chumley the way I'd like...I'm going to feel foolish leaving instructions on the many things I do during the course of a day for him...my wife already thinks I'm a little obsessive..but people who don't have bullies..they just don't get it lol!

OP
Bullymommy62

Bullymommy62

May 25, 2014
Austin, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fat Louie
I think the only positive part about this is that Fat Louie has the rottie to keep him company. She kind of treats him like her baby so he follows her around when he has nothing to do. I feel a little hesitant of him taking Benadryl while I'm away tho, how would you handle that (maybe only if he is out of control itchy but then again I don't want him to suffer... The daily up keep of his feet, face and body wipe down from grass she is great with. I mean she should be I'm paying her really well!!!:sneaky2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 130

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Minah, I don't blame you, I stress over my babies too, even when it's my hubby or son. They don't obsess like I do, and don't do all the things that I do. When I had my surgery 3 weeks ago, I stayed at my moms for a week after, and my hubby thought I was nuts, I called him all the time, and grilled him on how the babies were doing. He forgets to give them their yogurt on the morning kibble, and doesn't think it's a big deal, and I think it is lol. You're lucky you have a neighbour you can trust, and since she's already looked after him before, you know she's capable. I would write up a detailed list of your routine with Louie, and you have a good idea to have her come over and observe the routine with her, and then she will know his routine, and know what your expectations are, and how you like it done. I'm sure he'll be fine. If she only lets him out for potty breaks and wipes his paws after being out, he should be okay for allergy symptoms, and would only need Benadryl if he had symptoms. If he's in the air conditioning, the allergies should be okay. I would leave the exact dose of Benadryl for her just in case, and instruct her to give it to him only if absolutely necessary.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Ya I agree have her come over and observe what you do on a day to day. You want her to know what to do in case of emergency as well.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When I go on holidays and leave Ftse with my daughter I write a long list of things to do each day, and I have to see him on Skype each day too No w my daughter says he is too high maintenance because her dogs are just yard dogs and she does not understand how we feel about Ftse.

I would definitely get her to come over and see what you do. I also leave a list of emergency numbers with her just in case

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Definitely have her come over for some baby-sitting training! I did it with my sister and I also left the 'crazy bulldog lady directions/schedule'..... never thing anything is overboard with these guys when it comes to heat and allergies!

freebeans

May 1, 2013
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
duke
I am traveling with my boy, and even though I am staying in a pet friendly hotel, and put the do not disturb sign out when not in the room, I have to say I am scared to leave him in the room to have dinner and such. Any thoughts? You hear of people you try to take our bullie babys!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I agree with the others. Definitely have the sitter come over and see the whole job that has to be done. Nothing wrong with leaving a list. We are going on a cruise in August and my sister can't house sit so Raven will be with my parents. I am going to bag her food for each day so they give her the right amount, my dad will over feed her otherwise and leave him a handy dandy list. I am dreading leaving her home.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.