What age did your Bully companionship really begin to flourish?

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
With Fatso I feel like we bonded right away..he was 1 1/2 and immediately became my constant companion but with Romeo he was almost 5 months and had health issues mange, eye infections, worms and fleas plus he was not house trained at all so it was very stressful for awhile..he just didn't feel good so he wasn't playful and Fatso didn't like him very much..but when he started feeling better and the house training started working his funny personality started coming out..now he is the house clown and makes us laugh everyday

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Both of mine have come to me as rehomed adults, both sweet as can be
but with potty issues that took awhile to get. Thankfully, both were mannerly
and got along with people & other pets (had a 14 y/o cat). When I fully gained
ALL their trust and I could see in their eyes that I was Momma and they knew
I'd never hurt them, they had all of my heart.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

I have to agree with the person who said it feels so good when you finally know they understand what you're saying. Even if its just basic things. I get this feeling of total happiness when I know beyond a doubt that he is learning my words. Communication is really huge for bonding, and humans are talkers. I always felt this wall between baxter and I for several months, but he was just a slow learner I think. Slow development. Now he's totally learning words. Today i was telling him to "come" down the hall and of course, he just sat there and stared at me with boredom on his face :) So I said "Do I have to pick you up?" and ... well ... apparently I've said those exact words every single time Ive picked him up. Because he high tailed it out of there and ran the other direction! I had to start laughing! Its interesting because I had no idea I had the habit of saying those same words just before picking him up so many times. But he "learned" the phrase and now knows whats coming!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola's come out of her shell so much in the past year, so i would say around age 2 1/2 she really got a boost of confidence to be happy around strangers, be curious instead of scared, and eat dinner in the backyard, kitchen or wherever she can get it!

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer was 6 - 7 months old, so he was already past all the other stuff. And whoever had him before us, really trained him well. So he was a blessing from the get-go. Enjoy that bully!!!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My Pork Chop , she's a rescue. I kept her name , due to her feeling comfy with me .Layla is only a name mommy uses. She is called Porkie 98% of the time .

We are building the companionship on a daily basis. She doesn't snip at me anymore. We reached some milestones . She doesn't dart out the door when she does,
We start all over again.

I love this dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
I thought I would lose my mind before shark phase ended but Agnes and I hit our stride around 6 months when she started getting over all the constant biting. She's by my side every moment now and -usually- much more gentle with her sister the cat. The cat even tolerates her company for a few minutes now before she gets up and leaves!

Members online

No members online now.