Medication

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I gave Leo trifexis for the first time today. He ended up vomiting a couple hours later. Should I try and give him another one or should I switch to another brand? Any recommendations? Thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not familiar with Trifexis, but have heard lots of dogs have gotten sick from it. We use Revolution, which covers heart worm, fleas, ticks, and other parasites. Our guys have been on this for two years and have never had any bad reactions or side effects with it. It comes in a vial and it's applied to the base of the neck once a month between June and Nov. If Trifexis is making Leo sick, or he's having a bad reaction to it, you might want to try something else. I hope he's okay.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Please stop using Trifexis. It has caused death In dogs. Please research this drug and I highly recommend getting a different med for your baby. I am sure others will be by with more information soon.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I concur. Use another brand if possible as Trifexis has been linked to the deaths of many pups as a whole.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
do not try it again.... bad reaction could get worse.

We have used Sentinel for many, many years without issue

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I also use Sentinel. When I first started using it, I thought I noticed Brutus was a little sluggish afterward but I have continued to use it without problems.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vomiting is very common. In fact, that's another way for them to get you to spend more money on their poison. The commercial instructs you to give them another dose if they throw up within the first hours of giving it. It's a dangerous drug. You just have to google the combo of words Trifexis, throwing up, death, lawsuit. You will get the idea.

Don't use Trifexis. It's only been on the market for a couple of years and it's killed more dogs in it's short time than any other. In April 2013 the reported amount was 32, At that time it was one dog death per month that it had been on the market. Since the news coverage and exposure of the toxin.....more have come forward and a year later it's more like one per week or more.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Trifexis is poison and will kill your dog. Advantix II has worked wonders for all of our dogs since it came out.

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
As others have said, do not use Trifexis. Just do some google searches and you can research it yourself. But clearly, your baby is not tolerating it. I would recommend using something else. We use Sentinel and Koozer has done very well on it. If your vet doesn't "supply" the preventative you want, use a prescription website like 1800petmeds. Super easy. Good luck with your research and decisions.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I use Sentinel no throwing up, no pink faces -Jackson has decided to be allergic to everything- and no creepy crawlies! 1800petmeds has it a lot cheaper than my vet.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I use nexguard the drawback is you need an additional heartworm med so i use heartguard with it...Jenna doesn't seem to have a problem with either...I do give her heartguard one day with her dinner and the next day i'll give the nexguard...not sure if it's necessary but I don't like giving both at the same time...I also used one of the flea/heartworm products that you put on the base of the neck, I like using only one product but I didn't like that it left a area on her neck that was almost greasy...I also had trifexis once...she threw it up so never tried it again...

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
BAD STUFF TRIFEXIS IS, HAS KILLED ALOT OF DOGS, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE LEO THIS HORRIBLE STUFF.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.