Dozer fell in the pool today.

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
We were all in the pool today and Dozer had been to. I hold him in the pool he loves it. But he is so heavy I can only do about 15 minutes at a time. Well while he was on the deck he got a little too close to the edge and too excited cause he wanted back in and fell in. Luckily I was right there to catch him. Going to have to find a vest. Before everyone panics... He is never out back alone. We always have an eye on him.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Ha ha that's scary right? I was vacuuming my pool last year with Chumley by my side and turned real fast with the pole and it freaked him out. He fell right in..didn't even try to swim he just sank to the bottom..I immediately jumped in and got him. He was under water for no more than 3 seconds but it felt a eternity to me...thank god the only casualty was my waterlogged cell phone that day! He won't go anywhere near the pool gate now but I wonder what would have happened if it had been the deep end and not the shallow end. How do you,get a 65 lb bully out of 9 ft of water?
Even when you watch them every second things can happen! I'm getting a vest just to be on the safe side.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad he is OK, sounds like he loves the pool, so he will love it when you get him the vest so he can get in with you.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Poor baby. Ya right now pets mart has the vest for cheap I think. Better to be safe than sorry. Bet he panicked right?

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Omg that is scary. When u get the vest at least you will have a piece of mined..thank god he's ok

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Omg! you must have had a good scare! well then vest it is :). so glad he's ok. is he now scared to go near the pool too?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
outward-hound-pet-saver-life-jacket-orange.jpgPet Mountain has these lifejackets on sale. If I had a pool, or could go to the beach, I like these because they have the chin float, to hold their head up. [MENTION=10758]BuddercupKelly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
When we first moved into our house Vegas fell in our pool, I have a 4 ft. baby fence around the whole pool but we were in the pool and he was watching. He sunk like a lead brick, didn't even try to swim. We were in the water so we immediately got him out. I make sure OCD style the gat is closed at all times!!! Today I bought a vest, I just posted about it, that is a "no-go" too, he just can't or won't swim. I got the vest at Petsmart, but will be returning it tomorrow. Vegas weights 58 lbs, but he wore an XL/

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Dozer, and poor Mom, that must have been scary. Hopefully he won't be afraid of the water after falling in.
A friend of mine has a friend who between their own, and their kids had 6 EB, the Dad is a family Doctor, and they have a property in Florida. The wife, daughter, and grandchildren were in Florida, so dad was watching the dogs. They have a pool in the backyard, and he was mowing the lawn, the dogs were outside, and the youngest one got pushed into the pool by one of the other dogs. Dad saw it happen and jumped right in, but he took in to much water in the lungs and he died. He tried mouth to mouth, be couldn't save him. He was devastated. It can happen so fast, so better to be safe than sorry and put a vest on him. I'm glad he's okay.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I sure glad to see I'm not the only one who's dog fell in the pool. Last year Dooley fell in when I turned my back for a second. He fell in the shallow end but still sank like a stone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: so glad you were there and all is well! Pools and Bulldogs just do not mix

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Yup I'm officially freaked out about the pool and Meatball! Glad he's ok.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We were at the ocean a few years ago and Vegas and I were just walking on the beach. It was in an alcove and I really didn't think anything of it. He had a vest on.....just because I'd rather be safe than sorry. Good thing......a huge wave came in and not only knocked me over but took Vegas out some. I was so freaked out......he must have been too. I was actually shooting video at the time....I should see if I can find it. That night he had a grand mal seizure. Scary stuff. It doesn't even have to be a pool. We were walking along the river one summer and Vegas saw a stick floating by....he stepped into the water to get it....but it was a drop off. The river wanted to take him downstream and I had nothing to stop it from doing that except his collar. So I was desperately holding his collar while trying to get him back on the bank of the river. His collar was starting to slip over his head. I was screaming and crying....but I was alone. NEVER AGAIN. This happened before the ocean....but it can unexpectedly happen at any time near any type of water. Glad everything worked out...!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Thank goodness he is ok! Brutus fell in the pool sunday. Brian leaped to his rescue, he snuck in the gate with one of the kids and walked on the edge. He sunk straight to the bottom. Scares the crap out of me, big boy is getting a new life jacket!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online