Bullies and playtime???!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Anytime I have Bear play for like say 10 minutes it takes forever to get him to calm down. Anyone else have this problem? I literally have to hold Bear in my arms for 30 minutes to get his heart rate and panting down otherwise he continues to bounce off the walls.

So what do you do to calm your bully down?

Here is him playing soccer, vid and pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And in action, lol:

YouTube - Bear the Bulldog loves Soccer

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester can go from mach 1 to snoring in about 10 seconds! One minute he's playing and the next minute he's flopped over on his side snoring. I think he may have narcolepsy! LOL

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yeah Cutty gets worked up like crazy too and pants hard even when he isnt overly exhausted but then like Chester he can fall asleep minutes later also. Maybe cuz Bear is so young? Then again so is Chester so maybe not. lol

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Bear does go to sleep rather quickly but when he gets that soccer ball specifically its like opening a can of worms and he will not relax so I hold him until he does.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Chester can go from mach 1 to snoring in about 10 seconds! One minute he's playing and the next minute he's flopped over on his side snoring. I think he may have narcolepsy! LOL

[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION], this is EXACTLY Vegas, when he gets all crazy I tell Joe to let him go, because I know in about 5 min. he will be flopped on the cool tile snoring away!!! That is too funny!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hard to tell which of them was having the most fun in that video :)
thanx for sharing

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
It depends on the "activity". New Years Eve with fireworks we thought Lola was going to have a heart attack and I had to come in early with her and calm her down, scared me to death. just playing she is fine but will pant for a while. It seems if I try to help her calm down she still wants to play, so I let her lay down by herself and make sure lay there until I don't hear her panting so loudly. It does worry me sometimes.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Maybe he just likes to be held? My girls are just like Chester. No matter how hard they play, if I put them in their crates, they're gone in under a minute.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Bulldogs love to play ball, that gets them more excited than anything else! Cute pictures!

Ya throw a ball for Gracie and she looks at you as if to say. "YOU threw it, YOU fetch it!". The Princess does NOT play ball!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson is a bit obsessive with toys at times, especially the ones he likes. He goes crazy for any ball he can't put his mouth around, obsessed with trying to pick it up. He would have gone crazy for that soccer ball. He also has a kong frisbee but I only give it to him when we play fetch because he would tear it up if he actually got to sit down with that. When I take that out he goes crazy too. With stuff like that he won't quit until its put away and he definitely gets all worked up. So my solution i always just to put the toy away where he can't get it.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months

haha same here lex can be playing and all of a sudden hes snoring away.. one day he fell asleep with one of his stuffies in his mouth

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online