Urgent message for our community!

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
This morning I was on and noticed a google ad that showed English Bulldog Puppies for $500. If anyone sees ads of this sort from our Nigerian puppy scammers, please notify us ASAP.

While the google ads are great for the site, we CAN remove specific websites from showing up. If any of you see ads from BROKERS or SCAMMERS, please help us so can remove them. I certainly do not want to lead people into a scam or a broker, because English Bulldog News is trusted to help people, so therefore someone may think, "well, if it was on EBN then it must be legitamate."

So please, PLEASE, help us monitor these ads. Unfortunately, google uses your cookies to display what they think is most relevant for you, and match site content, which is why I google English Bulldog Puppies for sale a few times a week to ensure those ads are being displayed for me. There is no way of stopping the bad ads from coming in, but with everyone's help we can make sure we are not advertising anything that would be bad.

Thank you all for your help! Post here if you see something fishy!!!!

Attachments

• untitled11.jpg
    untitled11.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 97
OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! I will take 10 of those for $150..... NOT!!!!

Watch out everyone, if you see a bulldog for sale for under $1000- it is a scam!!!

It can take a few hours to filter the ad out... :(

But thank you so much for that one.

OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
We do not wish to support any BREEDER ads on English Bulldog News, but google ads are essential to the website and keeping it paid for. Unfortunately, I do not see any way to remove any specific keywords from showing up on our site. :(

If you see an ad for any breeder on the google ads, please report them here.

This is mainly because we do not know anything about the breeders who create google ads, they could be a puppy mill, scammer, importer- who knows! So if anyone sees anything, please post them here. Our list is quite long already, with our moderating team helping in the efforts to keep them off the site, but thought maybe our dedicated members could also assist with this. We do not wish for English Bulldog News to promote or lead anyone down the wrong path when it comes to getting a bully!

The only ones we do not need to worry about are keyword based google ads. For example, ebay, target, dex, pronto, ect. These ads use keywords for stuff, just to get you to click on them, but are actually just shopping sites. I often wonder how they do it, when I cannot seem to filter a keyword!!! :confused:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I live in the Phoenix area and my daughter got her little Bulldog puppy before I got Gertie. She was checking online at azcentral.com and there were a number of ads (probably 5 or 6 total) that were priced from $350. to $500. I told her not to even bother calling on them, because they were probably not purebred. But she called and EVERY one of them were the same. She got told over and over that the newspaper had made a mistake with the phone number and they didn't have any Bulldog puppies. One even had a message on their answering machine saying that if you're calling on the puppies, it's a scam, they don't have any puppies. We thought this was very odd because there were so many ads, each one different with a different phone number. Someone had to run these ads and pay the Arizona Republic newspaper. What kind of scam is it that runs a bunch of ads with wrong phone numbers for puppies that don't exist? Has anyone ever heard of this? We thought it was very weird, especially since all the ads included photos of these puppies.:confused:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Well I have noticed on Craigslist that they will put a local number and such down to look "local" however have hopes you will e-mail them via Craigslist. That way they can be out of the country scammers (hard to trace) but you think they are local.

And no I don't shop for puppies on craigslist, I was looking for a car. lol

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
This is what was so odd. First off, it was our local newspaper who's ads also appear online, not craigslist. So someone had to pay for these ads, they're not free like craigslist. And there was an email address on one and my daughter emailed and never heard anything back. Maybe all the puppies were gone? Who knows?

tmaguire

Aug 4, 2010
I was unfortunately a victom of a scam. It was our local newspaper. I was looking at their ads online, and one popped out. It was a gentleman who had to rehome his english bulldog pup. When I contacted him to inquire about the details he said that his wife had passed away in a tragic accident and it was her puppy. I got scammed out of quite a bit of money, and broke my heart. Please be very careful when answering any ad.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tmaguire, you should also post your story in the bulldog scam alert board, we have that linked to our puppy buying tips page- hopefully we can put these scammers out of business!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.