Sizing? and car divider?

PatrickD82

Oct 27, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I know that this is a common question but I have been real annoyed with people saying that my bullying is tall. He is 18" at the shoulders and 21" at the back and his head size is 19" in front of the ears and is about 55lb he is 13 months old. Does anyone else have a bully that is a little taller than normal and get questioned on them all the time? I know my boy is a purebred and I love him to death so his size isn't an issue with me. I was just wondering if anyone runs into people like this? Also I met someone today that said there sister has a bullie and that its a west coast bulieI am from NY and got my boy in PA.; kind of trying to say that they are bred better on the west coast. Is there any truth to this? I have attached a few photos so you can get an idea of his size. If anyone has pictures of there's I would love to see them. Also on a side note does anyone know if they make dividers for dogs for the back seat. Meaning one that would divide the seat in half. I have a newborn and traveling has become difficult with Duke and the baby. I would like to separate them in the back seat. I know they make them for the trunk and for between the front and back seats but couldn't find anything for backseat. Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC01016.jpg
    DSC01016.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 109
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 100
  • duke2.jpg
    duke2.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 110
  • dukes.jpg
    dukes.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 101

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, all I've got to say is that is that is One hell of a good looking Bulldog!!!!!!!!!!! Dang he is gorgeous I wish my boy had those legs!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I'm new to owning a bulldog mine is still a puppy almost 10 wks. But let me tell you don't let anyone who doesn't own a bulldog tell you about yours. If they do own a bulldog they all come in different shapes and sizes. There is not a mold for these dogs. I know it must get annoying but don't let people tell you about your dog. Once they start to say something tell them you have to go. He is a very handsome boy with beautiful coloring.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I wouldn't let it bother you bulldog typically grow up the first year and a half and out the second year and a half. it is not unusal to see one with longer legs and a smaller head and body especially when there young. Sorry I don't know about the car divider as my guys all ride in crates when we go anywhere.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WHAT A great looking bot... love that face!!

My girl has longer than normal bully legs too.... pay no mind to those ney-sayers, they really most likely have no clue what they are talking about -- east coast west coast means nothing, it all has to do with the actual breeder being responsible and breeding for the health of the bully and not for any other reason.

As for the car divider.... nothing I can think of, but you might be able to use the divider that comes with a lager crate? they might be big enough, but not sure how you would secure it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There is a divider that is made out of netting. I used to have one. It has velcro pieces that you stick on the ceiling of the car, and velcro pieces on the net. Instead of putting it from side to side behind the front seat, you could run it from front to back between the dog and baby.

Most Reactions

Members online