Best vacuum for bulldog hair

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hi guys! I am looking into buying a new vacuum. Anyone have any good recommendations for which to go with?

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
I'm using a dyson dc62 up handheld vacuum but very powerful.
sabata4a.jpg

mutezyza.jpg

ezuge5ed.jpg

8usenepy.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have the Shark Rotator and it works pretty well.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The Dyson Pet Hair is excellent, I don't have one yet, but am saving my pennies for one. My brother has one and they have a Golden Lab that sheds a lot, and he says its great at picking up the hair. I've also heard good things about the Shark. At the moment I use a lot of Swiffers, on Wednesdays, I vacuum, sweep and swiffer, and on Sundays, I vacuum, sweep swiffer, and then damp mop. I could make a new dog each week with the amount of hair I sweep up. Lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I also have a the Dyson Animal Cordless but mine's the DC59. Love it to bits. But, it only lasts 20 minutes before you need to re-charge and recharging takes up to three hours (don't know if that changed with the 62 model).
Also, on turbo mode, it only lasts 9 minutes.

We have a one bedroom apartment with rugs, not carpets. So if I rush on Turbo mode, I can usually make it last.

This vacuum does rock though. Picks up everything! But again, if you have carpeting or a larger home, i don't think a cordless would work for you.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have a Rainbow. It does not take bags, it has a water "bowl" that you just empty. I love it-I always wanted one, as I have cleaned homes for people that had them.
I have no carpets, as I had them torn up(dogs....) so I did not get the power nozzle. and have wood and tile. I found a place on ebay that sells them really cheap! It has been great. I have had alot of different vacuums in my day, as I have had alot of animals!:whew:

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
I also have a the Dyson Animal Cordless but mine's the DC59. Love it to bits. But, it only lasts 20 minutes before you need to re-charge and recharging takes up to three hours (don't know if that changed with the 62 model).
Also, on turbo mode, it only lasts 9 minutes.

We have a one bedroom apartment with rugs, not carpets. So if I rush on Turbo mode, I can usually make it last.

This vacuum does rock though. Picks up everything! But again, if you have carpeting or a larger home, i don't think a cordless would work for you.

We have all wooden floors so I can run it on none turbo mode.
egasuhu8.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=11415]Leon van houkje[/MENTION]

How long does the 62 last in regular mode? the 59 is 20 minutes.

By the way, I love your floor.

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]
With the turbo brush 10 - 15 minutes without the turbo brush easy 20 minutes.
I can hoover 100 to 120 m2 Floor with it in none turbo mode. Plus the charge time is less with the newer models

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=11415]Leon van houkje[/MENTION]
Thanks, good to know.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
We have the Shark Navigator Lift Away. I love it! It works excellent on carpet and our hardwoods.
a6aqe2yh.jpg
a6equ6y8.jpg
adequzu4.jpg
5y7a2ege.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have the Dyson Animal... going on 8 yrs and still going strong!

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
NEATO ROBOT PET VACUUM!!!!! Hands down the single best thing to come from planet earth besides well, the bulldog. The neato XV-21 is a pet vac and I highly recommend it. It's programmable so mine is set to reek havoc on said pesky dog hair every other day at 8:00 am. When I get home in the evenings, yep folks the floors are clean. Leaves more time for slobbery kisses and what not from the bulldog. :party time:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 170

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I heard that roomba irobot for pet hair was good. Around $400 at Costco

I looked into this model as well but the main difference between this and the Neato is the pattern it runs. The Roomba goes off in random directions like bumper cars and actually stirs hair in all directions. The Neato moves in a linear direction. It will move along the base boards of a room while scanning furniture and layout. Then go back and forth in a linear pattern so it's not to miss anything. Much more efficient in my opinion.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.