Best vacuum for bulldog hair

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
We just got the Dyson Animal Complete yesterday and I can't tell you enough how much I absolutely LOVE it already!! It was crazy how much it picked up that our old vacuum didn't. Bed Bath and Beyond has them for $100 off right now and you can use the 20% off coupon too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
NEATO ROBOT PET VACUUM!!!!! Hands down the single best thing to come from planet earth besides well, the bulldog. The neato XV-21 is a pet vac and I highly recommend it. It's programmable so mine is set to reek havoc on said pesky dog hair every other day at 8:00 am. When I get home in the evenings, yep folks the floors are clean. Leaves more time for slobbery kisses and what not from the bulldog. :party time:

That's cool, it's like the iRobot then right?

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
That's cool, it's like the iRobot then right?

Yes basically. They are both very comparable vacuums but the main difference and selling point to me was the path at which it cleans. The irobot zig zags through the room at random thus leaving and blowing hair around areas its already cleaned. The neato goes back and forth in a linear pattern. Thus picking up more hair and dirt.

I have some of the vacuums mentioned by others and while they all do a great job, this robot does an equally good job and I dont have to do it. :hoover:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have a hoover windtunnel for our carpet and for our hardwood floors, i use the swiffer vac, it's so quick, easy and lightweight. It's perfect for when i don't want to pull out the vac. Quick 10 mins and all the hair is gone.

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
I just bought a new vacuum! I really needed it. What works best for you probably depends on what kind of floors you have. I have all hardwoods. If you have carpet, you might want something different. Anyway, after a lot of research, I bought the "Panasonic MC-CG917 "OptiFlow" Bag Canister Vacuum Cleaner." I found the best place to buy it was Amazon (I have Prime, so I got free shipping). I like that it has a good upholstery brush so I can clean the sofa, too.
713OGDF4GpL._SL1500_.jpg
I also considered a couple of Miele models, but really couldn't justify spending $400-$500 on a vacuum. The Panasonic is about $230. The Sweethome recommends a Miele and says they also really like the Sebo, but its even more spendy than Miele. Consumer Reports also likes the Sebo. Both suggest a Kenmore to consider, but it got mixed reviews. Neither likes Dyson.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I find it odd that consumer reports doesn't like the Dyson, ALL my pet owner friends have one and swear by them!! I always tell my hub " Wow they're rich, they have a Dyson!" I'm getting a Dyson soon...:clap:

alirebco

May 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Annabelle (Belly)
I find it odd that consumer reports doesn't like the Dyson, ALL my pet owner friends have one and swear by them!! I always tell my hub " Wow they're rich, they have a Dyson!" I'm getting a Dyson soon...:clap:

I seriously think CR has major beef against Dyson. We have had ours for 8 years and love it! Totally works for bulldog hair and in general. Even cleaning the vacuum is so easy.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
We've had our Dyson Animal for ~6 years now (the old purple one).. and its still going strong. Up until then, my wife would kill a vacuum about every 6 months.

We are in the process of putting hardwoods through the entire main floor.. and being a nerd I've been tempted to get the 'Neato' or 'Roomba' but i'm worried i'd come home and find it ripped apart in Molly's crate :( (Kevin would probably just try to sit on it).

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
NEATO ROBOT PET VACUUM!!!!! Hands down the single best thing to come from planet earth besides well, the bulldog. The neato XV-21 is a pet vac and I highly recommend it. It's programmable so mine is set to reek havoc on said pesky dog hair every other day at 8:00 am. When I get home in the evenings, yep folks the floors are clean. Leaves more time for slobbery kisses and what not from the bulldog. :party time:

Hi:) You still happy with your Neato vacuum? I'm going crazy here with all the hair and I'm searching for the best robot vacuum... there are so many:unsure:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have the irobot pet series and i love love love love love LOVE it. It does go in random directions....but it has a method to it's madness. It has the ability to "sense" dirtier areas and spend more time there.

It does require some maintenance....cleaning it weekly and emptying out the catch once a day. But....as busy as I am, It does a better job at vacuuming than I ever could. Since I rarely find the time and my Rumba requires a simple button push as I walk out the door.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I use the Hoover model that is around $60 at Walmart. It does great on bully, pug, and parrot mess meaning everything he's thrown out of his cage. It does a great job on picking up hair and the canister is easy to dump.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I have the irobot pet series and i love love love love love LOVE it. It does go in random directions....but it has a method to it's madness. It has the ability to "sense" dirtier areas and spend more time there.

It does require some maintenance....cleaning it weekly and emptying out the catch once a day. But....as busy as I am, It does a better job at vacuuming than I ever could. Since I rarely find the time and my Rumba requires a simple button push as I walk out the door.

Is the "Pet series" a special one? I SO SO SO want a robot vacuum but here the prices are crazy and the selection isn't good so I'm planning on buying one next time I go to Sweden. I just want to make sure it really does work...:unsure:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Is the "Pet series" a special one? I SO SO SO want a robot vacuum but here the prices are crazy and the selection isn't good so I'm planning on buying one next time I go to Sweden. I just want to make sure it really does work...:unsure:

Check what is available in Sweden then read reviews from several websites. Read top, bottom and the ones in between. Different people expect different results.... So it really helps to read them all. We were having a problem with it getting lost in the family room and dying before it made it back to the charging station. Once I moved the charging station to a more central location.... I never had the problem again.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Check what is available in Sweden then read reviews from several websites. Read top, bottom and the ones in between. Different people expect different results.... So it really helps to read them all. We were having a problem with it getting lost in the family room and dying before it made it back to the charging station. Once I moved the charging station to a more central location.... I never had the problem again.

Shame, it got lost. That's kind of cute:) I manly need one for our living room area... the floor there is glossy black tiles:facepalm2: We spend the most time there AND the parrot is also in that room a few hours everyday so the floor is NEVER EVER clean:( I still have lots of time to do research so I will look around and read the reviews, I really really NEED a robot vacuum:tongue:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.