Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Best vacuum for bulldog hair

NEATO ROBOT PET VACUUM!!!!! Hands down the single best thing to come from planet earth besides well, the bulldog. The neato XV-21 is a pet vac and I highly recommend it. It's programmable so mine is set to reek havoc on said pesky dog hair every other day at 8:00 am. When I get home in the evenings, yep folks the floors are clean. Leaves more time for slobbery kisses and what not from the bulldog. :party time:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesbandit View Post
    I heard that roomba irobot for pet hair was good. Around $400 at Costco
    I looked into this model as well but the main difference between this and the Neato is the pattern it runs. The Roomba goes off in random directions like bumper cars and actually stirs hair in all directions. The Neato moves in a linear direction. It will move along the base boards of a room while scanning furniture and layout. Then go back and forth in a linear pattern so it's not to miss anything. Much more efficient in my opinion.

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

We just got the Dyson Animal Complete yesterday and I can't tell you enough how much I absolutely LOVE it already!! It was crazy how much it picked up that our old vacuum didn't. Bed Bath and Beyond has them for $100 off right now and you can use the 20% off coupon too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4WHLN View Post
    NEATO ROBOT PET VACUUM!!!!! Hands down the single best thing to come from planet earth besides well, the bulldog. The neato XV-21 is a pet vac and I highly recommend it. It's programmable so mine is set to reek havoc on said pesky dog hair every other day at 8:00 am. When I get home in the evenings, yep folks the floors are clean. Leaves more time for slobbery kisses and what not from the bulldog. :party time:
    That's cool, it's like the iRobot then right?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    That's cool, it's like the iRobot then right?

Yes basically. They are both very comparable vacuums but the main difference and selling point to me was the path at which it cleans. The irobot zig zags through the room at random thus leaving and blowing hair around areas its already cleaned. The neato goes back and forth in a linear pattern. Thus picking up more hair and dirt.

I have some of the vacuums mentioned by others and while they all do a great job, this robot does an equally good job and I dont have to do it.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    We have the Shark Rotator and it works pretty well.

We just bought this one over the weekend. Holy cow I didnt realize how much my old vacuum sucked at sucking!!!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

I have a hoover windtunnel for our carpet and for our hardwood floors, i use the swiffer vac, it's so quick, easy and lightweight. It's perfect for when i don't want to pull out the vac. Quick 10 mins and all the hair is gone.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tallulah
    Likes (Received)

I just bought a new vacuum! I really needed it. What works best for you probably depends on what kind of floors you have. I have all hardwoods. If you have carpet, you might want something different. Anyway, after a lot of research, I bought the "Panasonic MC-CG917 "OptiFlow" Bag Canister Vacuum Cleaner." I found the best place to buy it was Amazon (I have Prime, so I got free shipping). I like that it has a good upholstery brush so I can clean the sofa, too.
    -713ogdf4gpl-_sl1500_-jpg
    I also considered a couple of Miele models, but really couldn't justify spending $400-$500 on a vacuum. The Panasonic is about $230. The Sweethome recommends a Miele and says they also really like the Sebo, but its even more spendy than Miele. Consumer Reports also likes the Sebo. Both suggest a Kenmore to consider, but it got mixed reviews. Neither likes Dyson.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

I find it odd that consumer reports doesn't like the Dyson, ALL my pet owner friends have one and swear by them!! I always tell my hub " Wow they're rich, they have a Dyson!" I'm getting a Dyson soon...

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Annabelle (Belly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by luvmybully View Post
    I find it odd that consumer reports doesn't like the Dyson, ALL my pet owner friends have one and swear by them!! I always tell my hub " Wow they're rich, they have a Dyson!" I'm getting a Dyson soon...

I seriously think CR has major beef against Dyson. We have had ours for 8 years and love it! Totally works for bulldog hair and in general. Even cleaning the vacuum is so easy.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

We've had our Dyson Animal for ~6 years now (the old purple one).. and its still going strong. Up until then, my wife would kill a vacuum about every 6 months.

We are in the process of putting hardwoods through the entire main floor.. and being a nerd I've been tempted to get the 'Neato' or 'Roomba' but i'm worried i'd come home and find it ripped apart in Molly's crate (Kevin would probably just try to sit on it).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads