OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
As a foster mom for Detroit Bulldog Rescue, congratulations on helping out. I know that DBR is in desperate need of foster homes. I currently have two fosters living with me. Although it is a little sad to see them go after they've been living here for months, I remind myself that I am helping someone else's dreams come true and a family is now complete. Welcome to the wonderful world of fostering.

We are just starting out as a short term foster of a week or less. My husband needs to warm up to the idea of anything longer. Hopefully we can foster for a week a few times and then he will get used to that and let us do 2 weeks and keep moving up from there. 😃

I am definitely a person that will have a hard time saying goodbye. You are so right....helping another family make their dreams come true and becoming complete. If I can be just a small step in the process of helping save one bullie, I will be happy. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Congratulations! Exciting adventures coming your way :)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] and how did it go? Did they say when youre going to have your new foster? :) Cheering you on.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] and how did it go? Did they say when youre going to have your new foster? :) Cheering you on.

Hi! It went very well. They were sooo nice! The visit had to be cut short though because one of the rescues, Izzy, was being taken to the vet. She was not doing well so the girls were on call. We were all just talking when they got the text saying it wasn't good. 😞 They left and then later on I saw on FB that Izzy went to the bridge. 🌈😞 So that was really sad. Izzy has been through so much. A few weeks ago, her and her foster brother got in a terrible fight. They both ended up in emergency surgery. Poor baby girl.

They have three more rescues coming in this week. Two of them are not good with children so we will not take them because I have a 4 year old. They did mention one named Lou that we may be able to come to us. 😊 So fingers crossed, we will have our first foster by the end of the week!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Izzy, that's so sad. I'm glad your visit went well, and happy for you that you may be getting a foster soon. Keep us updated when it happens.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Aww poor Izzy, that's so sad. I'm glad your visit went well, and happy for you that you may be getting a foster soon. Keep us updated when it happens.

It was so sad 😞 She had cushings so at least she is not suffering anymore.

I most definitely will! 😃 Be prepared for tons of pictures too! Lol

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Very sad for the rescue 😞

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas! I have to keep reminding myself that not getting a call about a foster isn't a bad thing. It just means that all if the pups are taken care of right now. But I have found myself waiting and waiting for a phone call saying "we have a dog needing a home!" I'm just so ready to get help!! The anticipation is killing me. Lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Just remember Good things come to those who wait. And I agree no news is good news, it means there aren't any sweet little bullies out there needing a home. I'm sure you'll get a call soon.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
You are so right, no news is good news...I hope! I do know they have some but they can't be around little kids and I have a 4 year old. 😞 So I hope someone has stepped up without any children for those bullies. 🐶

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
This is so great!! I'm hoping to be able to do the same eventually, once Bocephus is done with his health issues. You're definitely an angel to any of the bulldogs that come into your home, no matter how long they are there.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] I'm so happy for you, not to mention very excited too. If you're waiting for a call, I'm waiting for your updates lol.

Very sad about Izzy, feel sorry for the rescue :(. I have the utmost respect for people who rescues, fosters, saves animals and make a huge difference in an innocent soul's life. you guys are heroes!

Members online

No members online now.