Fostering - SO EXCITED!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I was finally able to talk my husband into allowing us to be a short term foster for our local rescue...Bullies 2 the Rescue! I've been trying and trying to get the ok to fill out the foster app and he would immediately say no. But once I mentioned that maybe we could do short fosters of a week or less, he said we could try it. 😃 So I contacted the rescue to see if they ever need fostering for only a week of less and they said "yes!! Please fill out the application!" Hopefully someone will call me this week to do a phone interview. Maybe after that we will be able to start helping out some beautiful bullies! My hope is that if we do a week long foster a few times and it goes well, we could move up to 2 weeks and go from there. 😃 I can't wait to help out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I was finally able to talk my husband into allowing us to be a short term foster for our local rescue...Bullies 2 the Rescue! I've been trying and trying to get the ok to fill out the foster app and he would immediately say no. But once I mentioned that maybe we could do short fosters of a week or less, he said we could try it. 😃 So I contacted the rescue to see if they ever need fostering for only a week of less and they said "yes!! Please fill out the application!" Hopefully someone will call me this week to do a phone interview. Maybe after that we will be able to start helping out some beautiful bullies! My hope is that if we do a week long foster a few times and it goes well, we could move up to 2 weeks and go from there. 😃 I can't wait to help out!!!

That is so great lucky you. Envious. I wish my husband would let me. Still working on it though hopefully soon. Wish you all the best with it.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
That is so great lucky you. Envious. I wish my husband would let me. Still working on it though hopefully soon. Wish you all the best with it.

Thank you! Have you tried the short term foster idea? I was like it's basically just dog sitting for a friend for a week. Except you could be saving a life.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I'm going to try that. Working on it. I'm happy for you though. Congrats your going to be a foster mommy. 🐕

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I'm going to try that. Working on it. I'm happy for you though. Congrats your going to be a foster mommy. 🐕

Thank you so much! ❤️

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

And good luck! 👍

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgAww that's so great. Congratulations, I hope everything works out for you, and you get to be a foster mommy soon. I'm sure you will make a difference in the life of a bully in need.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Owww i'm totally excited for you! Kudos for fostering! I also applied for fostering care here but so far, i guess, maybe, they are not in great need of foster homes coz i havent been contacted yet! Lol. Oh well. Goodluck to you and wish you and the whole gang lots fun! Riggins would love to have different playmates every couple of weeks or so lol. You're doing a great thing :yes:.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
That's wonderful, congrats and good luck!! I hope to soon be in a position to foster. I don't really see why not, since I work from home haha, but it will make a great difference in these dogs' lives! Way to go :)

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Oh that's awesome good for you!!
FWIW I'm hoping to make it to your area for Bullies 2 the Rescue event next April. Looked like you all had a good time.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
How exciting!!! :w00t: I don't have a bully rescue near me, but I have fostered a couple of strays the last couple of months. It's extremely rewarding… Good Luck!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:jumping: FANTASTIC.... best of luck and you will not believe how fulfilling and rewarding it is! Fair warning, it is really hard to say goodbye :cry: -- it warms the heart in ways you can't imagine that you help them along in the journey and get them to their new life

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's fantastic!!! They are an awesome rescue group.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
What a great thing to do, let us know how it goes, oh and don't forget to send pictures And lots of them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online